Chapter 40

"You trio! What are you doing here?!" Sweat dripped down Armin and Eren's forehead. How could they have known that the two strangers they met who could possibly help them are also the ones whom their superiors are asking for help?

It is complicated and unexpected, okay?

"With all due respect, captain, we met new friends during our leisure time and found out that they have someone who can know how to cure the Ymir's Curse... but we don't know that you'll be here too," Mikasa explained after she salutes to the three. Lucy and Natsu, who was confused with the situation, was given explanation by Mira and Levy, and now, the two are giving them funny looks.

Erwin smiled and took this as an opportunity. "It truly is fate isn't it? Would you accept our mission now?"

"Mission? Gramps, they're looking for that Iver Curse's cure and if we do it, they'll reward us? How much?" Natsu excitedly asked, eyeing the three brats who ruined his date with Lucy with sparkling eyes, making them shudder quietly. Hange just pat their backs, as if saying that it's their fault, bear with it, blah blah blah—

Makarov sighed and Laxus took that as a sign that he should answer the idiot's question.

"Apparently, they'll reward us 3 million jewels, a golden zodiac key, a land in Alakitashia, and two other rewards that who the hell knows what those are."

While Natsu is shocked to death— not literally— by the grandness of the rewards, Lucy's attention was caught by the second one.

A golden zodiac key.

She had 10, and now, only 9. Yukino has three, if she includes Ophiuchus. There could only be one last key remaining, which is...

Aquarius.

Is that reward a scam? Or is it real...?

Makarov saw Lucy's expressions, and knew that one of his child is thinking about an old friend who has suddenly gone missing (he noticed that one of her keys is gone from the key holder, so he assumed...).

Since this is a mind reading day for Fairy Tail (sense the sarcasm), Mira started to ask when she saw the looks on her nakamas and master.

"What would you do to get rid of it? If the procedure is safe, we can think more about it." Convince us, you weirdos.

"Great question! First, we'll have to borrow your genius guildmate named Lucy and let her perform something called Anima separata, a high leveled celestial spell that can only be done by someone with great connection to the celestial world, then make someone named Wendy enter the Paths through Eren's help and make her talk with Ymir by doing the Milky Way. Then, we try to make her remove the curse and turn it into a crystal of some sort and there you have it!" Hange excitedly explained, which made the others look at her as if she's the weirdest people in the whole Earthland.

Cana huffed. "Sounds easy yet complicated at the same time. Have you even thought, what if she disagrees?— whoever that Ymir is."

Eren agreed.

"She's right Hange-san! Also, what is the Paths? How do I do that?"

Hange scratched her head, which indicates that she doesn't know how to. Eileen and Erza just mentioned it, how could she know? She wants to know how too!

"We will naturally explain how when time comes, Eren. For now, do we agree on this midsion or not?" Erwin asked, not trying to appear so pushy with the mission. Oh for the walls of Maria, he already had a misstep with saving Kenny, he can't have a misstep here too!

In the end, Makarov silently shot an asking glance to the key figures of the said procedure, and received an affirming nod. Lucy still has hesitations with the way they are supposed to remove the curse (should they even ask Ymir to remove the curse when the curse appeared because Ymir died?), but because of the reward, she strengthened her resolve.

Chances are slim... but she'll take it if it's one of those chances to see Aquarius!

Seeing that they agreed, Erwin smiled and waved his hand, ordering Hange to get and pay the deposit.

"Here's our first payment for agreeing. Thank you very much~" Hange carefully shoved a rosewood box to Makarov, who is intrigued. With a curious look, he opened it only to hear a shriek.

"AQUARIUS!"

Not wanting to be disrespectful, Lucy waited for Makarov to hand her the box containing Aquarius's key. As soon as she hold it, she confirmed that the key is real.

Aquarius...

"Isn't that the key Armin bought?" Mikasa asked Hange, who shrugged. Eren, on the other hand, seems like he just solved a mystery.

"So that's why Erza-san asked for the key when she saw it. She wants to include it on the rewards. She could have just told us... though... what?" After mumbling to himself, he found out that almost everyone in the Fairy Tail guild is looking at him, while his three superiors are either facepalming, glaring, or sighing.

What?

What did he do wrong?

"Hey you. Repeat what you said. From the start. WORD. BY. WORD," A naked man glaring at him said threateningly, and without hesitation, he repeated,

"So that's why Erza-san asked for the key—"

"Who asked for what?"

"Erza-san asked—"

"Who the hell?!"

"It's Erza-san! Why are you asking me to repeat that anyways? Are you guys deaf?!"

Hange rubbed the bridge of her nose in contemplation.

Oh Eren, you fool...

As if stimulated, Natsu grabbed Eren's shirt's collar.

"Are we talking about the same Erza here? Scarlet hair, brown eyes. Terribly scary?"

"You know Erza-san too? But I thought she grew up in Alakitashia?" Mikasa asked, not only Natsu, but also her superiors. It seems like Erza-san still has not told them the whole truth— judging from these people in this guild that looks like they're in shock or something.

Thankfully, before the whole guild is in chaos, someone interrupted the whole scene.

"Seems like the surprise ain't a surprise anymore."

Everyone glanced to the owner of the voice, who suddenly appeared in the second floor of the guild.

"Eileen!"

"The Scarlet Despair?"

"Eileen-sama!"

Before anyone could react furthermore with her name, Makarov exclaimed, "Eileen! These people! Erza is...!"

Eileen gave him a kind smile. Makarov raised her daughter like a father would, and she is sure that when Erza went missing, he is the most heartbroken one, aside from her.

"Yes, Makarov. My daughter... she's been found. Erza Scarlet, the Titania of Fairy Tail, is alive."

Oh well, you could imagine how chaotic the whole place became.