Chapter 9

Jean broke a windowpane just to get in inside the headquarters and before he could even gain composure, a figure crashed behind him.

"You scarlet witch! Watch where you're going!" He angrily cursed but the said woman did not mind him. He suddenly remember their situation. How many of us made it?

His attention then turned to some of the people under a table, cowering in fear. His sight turned red.

"You... you're members of the supply squad aren't you?" Jean wanted to punch the hell out of them, but Marco stopped him.

"Stop it, Jean."

"These bastards abandoned us! Do you have any idea how many died!?"

"Titans invaded the supply depot! What could we have done?!"

"It is your job to figure it out!"

He heard a snicker.

"Prodigies can't understand what commoners feel." Erza huffed. Annie reprimanded her.

"At least we're not ones who abandoned her comrades." Erza smirked.

"Are you hurt Annie? You better not be, or... your secret will come out."

Annie stilled at what she said. Even Reiner and Bertholdt unconsciously halted. Jean, Marco and Sasha looked at each other after sensing their weird atmosphere.

What happened?

They did not have the time to ask as Erza went to a trainee's side. She wiped the blood on her face.

"Captain Frelman abandoned you too, huh?"

"H-he said checking the evacuees' situation on the other side of the wall and reporting the event to the higher ups is part of the rules." Erza shook her head.

"What a coward."

"You're one to say, witch."

"I am just weak, horseface."

Erza felt something seeping through her. She inwardly laugh. If she keep on saying she's weak, would the magic particles go to her body more? Damn! If she knew then she would have said it a thousand times!

Magic really appears once a wizard feels weak...

A sudden rumble cut her off from daydreaming. She instantly covered her head and as she did, flying debris went her way. She suddenly heard panicked screams and shrieks, and from the hole on the wall of the headquarters, a head of titans peeked in.

Jean seemed to be daydreaming, as he is slowly realising something. She covered his eyes, and he squirmed.

"This is reality, Jean." She removed her hands and when she did, she made Jean look in front of him...

Where the titans are.... and exactly when....

Another titan punched it.

Erza smiled. Hello, Eren.

Jean looked dumbfounded.

"What?!"

They heard another crash and saw Mikasa, Armin and Connie, alive.

Jean confusingly exclaimed.

"Mikasa!"

"It's empty! We just barely made it! Your plan worked Armin!"

Jean still could not understand what they're talking about, so he tried to get an answer from the one who covered his eyes, the one who smiled when she saw the titan punching another titan.