Chapter 41

Bella's POV:

"So wassup with ole girl from the club? That's you?" I asked him getting straight to the point. I ain't about to do this all over again with lil crazy hoes on the side.

"She's nothing to worry about" he said dismissing the conversation.

"Mhmm" I said not really believing him but not really caring either.

"Wassup with you and J" he asked me. I know he been waiting to ask me that.

"We like siblings, ain't nothing up with us. Yesterday we got a lil too drunk and kissed but that was it, nun else" I told him flat out. I ain't have nothing to hide.

His jaw tensed up as I watched him look away from me at nothing in particular.

I just kept my eyes on him until he finally looked back at me again.

"Sooo, Noah called you dada huh?" I asked him since he blurted that out when he was drunk.

He scratched the back of his neck.

"Yeah. It scared the shit out of me if I'm honest but the look on his face when I told him not to call me that made me feel worse" he told me.

"It's cool. He just got mixed up, you ain't gone have to worry about that no more" I told him.

I know playing the father figure to a 2 year old at 19 nearly 20 would be scary. I ain't gone push that on him, besides Noah don't need a father figure when he got uncle JuJu anyways so he good.

"No see that's the point. I wanna be that figure to Noah. I wanna be in his life as well as yours. I was just scared. But having time away from ya'll made me realise that I was my happiest when I was with you both" he told me grabbing my hand.

I moved my hand out of his and put it back in my lap.
He noticed what I did and looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Dave. You not ready for all that. I've been with Noah since he was born and I'm still getting used to this shit. This parenting life is not easy, not at all. It's not something you can just jump in and out of, it's forever. It's a commitment and it's a big responsibility. Being responsible for a whole other human and having to put their matters before your own." I paused and took a long breath.

"Im sorry, but we ain't about to be playing house again. Look how that shit turned out. We good now and all but Noah stays out of this. He's been through enough" I told him.

The truth is that I didn't trust his words anymore. I didn't trust him anymore. This starting over shit is gone take some time.

It was silent for a while. We both looked around at nothing in particular before I got bored of it and stood up.

As I stood up he spoke, hurt was evident in his voice

"You think I'm gone hurt you again huh?" He asked me as I looked at him.

"I'm just being cautious Dave" walking over to the door, he got up and followed behind me.

"You don't gotta leave yet" he said

"Yeah. I do. I gotta get back for Noah. He's probably driving Justin's ass up the wall" I said as I slightly chuckled.

"Okay so let me drive you, hold on" before I could protest, he was already running back inside to get his things.

I took the time to unblock him off of everything on my phone. And I messaged Justin telling him I'm on my way home.

He came out the door in some grey sweats a white tee and those blue off white Jordan 1. I can't lie, he was looking good af.

We got downstairs and he opened the car door for me. I said thank you and jumped in waiting for him to get in.

I told him the directions and he turned up the music and blasted 'No Role Modelz' by J Cole.

________________________________

Dave's POV:

I watched Bella as she rapped to the song and bopped her head. It was clear that I was gone have to put in some work to get back to how we was but shit I ain't losing her again.

I stopped at a red light and pulled out my phone to record us. She looked at me and then rapped into the phone before I stopped the video and saved it.

Of course I was gone post that shit, I had to let the world know. I watched the video real quick noticing how she smiled at me and I smiled before hitting post.

The music changed and life is good came on, the vibe in the car was cool. I missed this.