✨Mercury & Venus II ✨

✨A/N: ✨ This is a long disclaimer. This book is solely fiction, and based off of RAMI's PORTRAYAL of Freddie. I ♥️ and respect Freddie Mercury. This book will be mainly fluff and light hearted. It's not intended to be realistic or based off of actual events. Meaning don't come at me about historical accuracy because *Gulp*.

"Freddie, I don't think I can." You say. "It's not hard. Just focus on the placement of your fingers and listen to the melody." Freddie replies. He plays a tune on the piano with ease. His fingers gingerly tapping the keys in perfect synchronization. The harmony delicate and somehow also intricate. "Now you try." He says. He stands and allows you to sit on the bench. You try to play as he did but hit a sour note every now and then. Freddie flinches at the notes but you don't see him, thankfully for you. Once you're done he quickly offers his critique, "You're improving. It's a bit rough here and there but that my love is how all of us begin. We begin as caterpillars on the ground, and grow into beautiful, colorful butterflies. Tell me Venus, are you ready to grow your wings and fly?" He asks. "I don't know." You answer. He gestures for you to stand and you do as he requests. He holds out your arms, "Close your eyes." He says. You oblige as before, more curious of what he'll do next than anything. "Picture yourself flying in the open air. The wind in your wings, the world in-front of you." He says. "Do you see it?" He asks. "I do." You answer. "Great, now imagine crashing and burning." He says. You open your eyes, "That's not the ending I expected." You giggle. "It's the ending you'll get if you never believe in yourself and follow your dreams." He warns. "How do you do it?" You ask. "Do what?" He asks as he pours himself a drink. "You always seem so motivated. You're the most optimistic person I've ever met." You answer. "I'm not always this way. There are times I choose to hide, like I told you before we are caterpillars. Caterpillars often hide, and eventually they find the perfect place and that is where they build their cocoon." He replies. "You believe yourself to be a caterpillar?" You ask. "I do." He answers. He sits beside you and you lay your head on his shoulder. He smiles. The moment is calm and long lasting, though he eventually makes an interesting comment. "Have I told you I wrote you a song?" He asks. "No, is it one I've already heard?" You ask. "No, but I've already recorded it." He answers. He stands and goes to his record player and plays a disc. The song starts softly with the smooth strumming of a guitar.

"My Venus, the valentine of my dreams.

You took my heart, and stitched it up at the seams.

My one, the only one I could ever love.

You're the answer to my prayer, my gift sent from above." It begins.

It's not long before you feel your emotions stir. The song is beautiful and more symphonic than any you've heard them produce before. You can hear the emotion in every word he sings, words you know he wrote himself.  "Freddie, do you feel this way?" You ask. "I do. I adore you more than anything in this world." He answers. He places your hand on his chest just above his heart. "My heart beats for you, and only you." He says. You remove your hand and step away from him. "What's wrong, my love?" He asks. "I--I don't think I'm ready for this." You say. "Why not?" He asks. You don't answer. "Venus, why not?" He asks stepping closer. He studies your eyes. Eyes that slowly fill with tears. "I love you, but I think this is so sudden." You say. 

You run away and leave his house in tears. He doesn't run after you, and you never know what he does after you leave. 

You sit down to your piano and trace the keys with your fingers

You sit down to your piano and trace the keys with your fingers. With a deep breath you begin playing. The melody is off and no where near what it was before, let alone Freddie's. It's been almost 8 hours since you left him and the thought of him has eclipsed your world. Freddie is polarizing as is. Not his fame, nor his career. But himself. He's a person that captivates a room just by being present. He's straight forward, yet still kind-hearted. But he's always on guard. He hides himself and it's easy to believe no one knows who he truly is underneath his confidence. That's what horrified you.
He showed the sheltered man he is underneath and he's placed so much trust in you through his love. 
What if your desire to not hurt him hurt him more than anything?
The thought swirls in your mind until it becomes empowerment. You put on your jacket and shoes and waste no time rushing to the door. You open it finding Freddie, soaking wet holding a bouquet of flowers. "Freddie? What are you doing in this rain you'll catch a cold?" You ask. You pull him inside by the hand and rush to grab a towel to dry him off. You turn the heater up before anything. "I couldn't do it." He utters as you blot his face. "Do what?" You ask. "Let the love of my life leave without a fight." He answers giving you the flowers. "Oh Freddie." You reply. "Does that mean you will stay?" He asks. "I was about to come to you when I opened the door. I love you, now and always." You answer. "Do you mean that?" He asks. You place his hand over your own heart, "My heart will beat for you until the day it beats no more." You say. You softly kiss him and he smiles,

"Aren't we two odd planets." He chuckles. You giggle.