✨ Eternal Flame IV ✨

Larry's heart pounds in his chest as he approaches Ahkmenrah. He has something important to discuss with him, and he isn't sure how the pharaoh will react. "Hey Ahk, I think we need to talk. Do you have a minute?" he asks.

Ahkmenrah sighs and sits down, his eyes drawn to the knots of ties a Girl Scout exhibit made in his royal tapestry. "Yes, Larry. How may I assist you?" he asks, biting back frustration no doubt.

"Well, I uhm, I wanted to talk about Y/N. I usually have this conversation before a boy dates my daughter, but it seems I'm about... say, a thousand years too late," Larry begins.

Ahkmenrah motions. "No worries. Y/N and I certainly aren't dating," he explains as he rises from his throne and begins to walk.

"Wait, wait, wait. You said just recently she was your soul mate. You were adamant she was the reincarnation of your queen. You looked like you fell for her at first sight," Larry reminds him. "At least, I think that's what that was. Your facial expressions are... unique."

"That is what that was. However, since then I've realized Y/N is the reincarnation of Ahmose, but we are no longer compatible," Ahkmenrah says, shrugging.

Larry raises an eyebrow. "Why?" he asks.

Ahkmenrah begins to reply when a loud sound comes rushing from the hallway. The exhibits start scattering and cowering for cover. "What is this?" Larry asks.

"As if I know," Ahkmenrah answers. The two make their way into the chaos and find a group of Egyptian guards swarming from the basement. They show little care for the exhibits blocking their path, rushing or even pushing them out of the way.

"You do not treat them that way!" Ahkmenrah roars.

The guards chuckle, laughing off his anger. "Apologize at once," Ahkmenrah demands.

"They don't listen to you," a voice rings out. From the doorway of the basement appears Kahmunrah, with you being held by guards. "Thousands of years later and your queen is still as helpful as she always was," Kahmunrah insults.

"Unhand her!" Ahkmenrah demands, trying to get to you. The guards block him.

"Again, they do not obey you," Kahmunrah reminds him. 

"I am their king." Ahkmenrah asserts.

"At one point, yes, but little brother history goes to show that I am the fifth ruler, and you were the fourth," Kahmunrah replies.

Larry looks at Ahkmenrah, seeing sadness in his eyes. "It's true," he sys. "Ahk, your rule ended when you were poisoned by Kahmunrah, and he descended to the throne."

Ahkmenrah is set aback. Tears welling in his eyes at the revelation. He lunges toward Kahmunrah but is hit in the gut by a guard, falling to his knees. You cry out for him. "Stop! Leave him alone!" you plead, forcing your way from the guard's grip. You go to Ahkmenrah and check on him. "Are you okay?" you ask.

He nods through the pain. "Enough of this. Seize the tablet," Kahmunrah demands. His guards began their march to Ahkmenrah's tomb.

"You can't take the tablet. If you do, all of the exhibits here will die," Larry warns.

"And to what does that matter to me?" Kahmunrah asks.

"You're an exhibit." Larry answers.

Kahmunrah's expression remains dark and he turns to you.

You realize with a sinking feeling that he is looking at the pendant around your neck. You try to resist as he reaches for it, but he is too strong. He takes the jewel from the pendant and places it into the center of the tablet. The room is filled with a bright light, and a portal opens up in front of you where the doorway to the basement once stood.

Kahmunrah steps through the portal, motioning for the guards holding you and Ahkmenrah to follow. The soldiers force you and Ahkmenrah to go with them, and despite Larry's valiant efforts to stop them, the door to the portal closes behind you.

As you step through the portal, you are transported to a world of ancient beauty. The pyramids tower above you, and the people and sights are truly magnificent. You are thousands of miles and years from home, and you have no idea how you will ever get back.

Kahmunrah leads you to the throne room and has Ahkmenrah led away to be locked within the palace. Here he dismisses his guards and begins to speak with you, "I'm sure this is all so sudden for you.".

"Let me go home," you say firmly.

"Just you, what about your precious husband?" Kahmunrah asks, a sly smile crossing his face.

You bite back a retort and admit the reality, "I don't belong here."

Kahmunrah leans in, "This is Ahkmenrah's time. He should have been able to live out his life here. I'm not Ahmose, despite what you and everyone wants to believe. I am Y/N Daley. I belong in the 21st century." You say.

"Oh, I'm quite aware you're not Ahmose. She was a dove and you're but a pigeon," Kahmunrah sneers.

You shoot him a look, "What do you mean?"

"That!" Kahmunrah says getting up, "That is how I know you are not Ahmose. Ahmose spent her entire life aspiring to be perfect. She wanted to give everything to everyone and not for a single second did she stop to give to herself. Ahmose would have never given me such a look of contempt. Even as she laid dying before me, her heart filled with pity for me. It made me sick."

Kahmunrah continues, "You were always too good for me. The things I said, the things I did. You could never lower yourself to match my gaze. You were perfect and everyone knew. You were the queen and beloved by all. Ahkmenrah was the king and respected by all. I was the jester dancing at his beck and call. Destined to the throne but put aside for him."

He holds your chin, "I want you because you are Ahmose with all of the imperfections she fought to never have. She was his queen. You will be mine," he announces.