✨Forgive Me, Rami IV ✨

"Rami, you're home?" You ask. "The set got shut down. Illness is running rampant." He answers. He coughs and you can clearly see he's sick. You check his forehead, "You're burning up! Come on let's get you settled in." You say taking him by the arm. You help him undress to his boxers and assist him into the bed. By now he's sweating something fierce, "I wanted to keep filming." He says weakly. "Well you're sick and you coming home was the right thing to do." You reply prepping for him. You go to get some supplies and make a quick call to his doctor. By the time you return to him he's covered up and shivering. "Dr Gupta is coming. She'll be able to check you so you don't have to get up." You say. He clearly has the flu. He has all of the symptoms and his condition has deteriorated rapidly. You do everything possible to comfort him still you hate he has to go through this. "Do you remember our honeymoon?" He asks. "Yup. It was months after our wedding and supposed to be cozy. Still I had raging morning sickness the entire time." You answer. "Puking everywhere and curling up in a ball when I wasn't. I felt so bad for ruining such a special occasion." You add. "It wasn't ruined. I enjoyed caring for you. I just hated seeing you sick." He says. "Just like I hate seeing you sick." You reply. " But I'm not carrying a whole human being." He says with a soft laugh. "Awww." You say caressing his cheek. He smiles and places his hand on yours, "You're so warm." He says. You smile. "Dr G is here." Camila says from the door. Dr Gupta comes in and examines Rami. You use that time to prep dinner for you, Camila, and Ramona, and soup if Rami gets hungry. As it's best on his stomach. "I have to jet, meeting with the label." Camila says. "Are you coming back tonight?" You ask. "I'll try. Could be in late." She answers. "Well just text me or whatever." You reply. "Will do." She says. You and her hug and she leaves to her car. Dr Gupta comes comes down shortly after, "He has the flu. I've given him some bed rest instructions. Here's a list of his prescribed medicine and foods he can and can't have. I want him on strict bed rest for atleast 4 days." She says. "Will do. I'll see to it his prescriptions are filled." You reply. "Great. And another thing, is Ramona vaccinated?" She asks. "Yes, at the beginning of flu season." You answer. "Perfect." She replies. She begins to leave and you stop her, "Wait." You say. She stops. "I'm pregnant, and I want to know if it's possible to have a DNA test performed on the baby. Safely?" You ask. "There's a procedure that is safe. But your husband would have to sign off on it." She answers. "We'd need his consent to take DNA from him and use it." She explains. "That's the only way?" You ask. "Well the other way would be if the other man submitted DNA." She answers. "Okay, I'll look into it." You reply. She nods and leaves. Once she's gone you focus on dinner. In between caring for Rami and Ramona getting home from school you're occupied throughout the evening. Once you read her a bedtime story and tuck her in you check on Rami. With him fast asleep you sit down with a glass of juice and your favorite movie. But your mind goes back to the baby. You hesitate for almost an hour before breaking and calling Noah. He answers sleepily, "Long time no speak." He says. "I need to talk to you. It's important." You reply. "Well I'm home now, why don't you come by?" He asks. "I'm caring for my husband. He might wake up and need me." You answer. "Well I can come over." He says. You pause and look up the stairs, "Okay but I can't let you in." You say. "I'm on my way." He replies. He hangs up and you await his arrival. He comes soon after and you meet him on the porch. He stretches and yawns, rubbing his eyes. "What's the urgent matter?" He asks. "I'm pregnant and I need you to submit DNA to prove you aren't the father." You answer. "Way to drop a bombshell." He says. "Well I wasn't going to have a plane fly around with it on a banner." You reply. "Okay, what if I am the father. Then what?" He asks. "That's unlikely." You answer. "Bullshit but you can believe whatever you want. Do you want a cup of spit or something?" He asks. "Ew, no." You answer. "Well it's DNA?" He replies. "It's nasty. They'll probably just swab your mouth or something." You say. "I'll send you the info on the appointment. Just show up, okay." You add. "Whatever floats your boat cupcake." He says unenthusiasticly. "Why are you being so abrasive?" You ask. "It's 30 degrees outside and you won't even invite me into your house. After calling me out of the blue after ghosting me weeks ago." He reminds. "My husband and daughter are home." You reply. "I'm going to wrap this up. Talk to you later." He says giving a peace sign whilst walking away. You go back inside and he leaves...

_______

"The way this test will go is we'll take a prick of blood from you Y/N and then we'll take a swab from Noah. Because your baby's blood is connected to yours some of it's DNA is in your veins. Meaning if we see that you and Noah have any relating chromosomes it means that you're carrying his child. If not we'll assume the baby's blood contains Rami's DNA." Dr Gupta says. "That's so cool." You reply. "Technology never ceases to amaze me." She says proudly. (This is actually a real procedure!-Carli)  Dr Gupta takes some of your blood and swabs Noah's mouth. She preps the samples and sends them to the lab. "While we're here, would you like to see the baby?" She asks. "That's possible?" You ask. "You are 4 months." She answers. You happily lay down and she puts the ultrasound jelly on your stomach. She turns the light off and starts the device. Soon after you hear a heartbeat. "There they are." She says. "They?" You ask. She presses slightly deeper and you see two little silhouettes, and hear a second heartbeat. "Twins. A boy and girl." She says. "Oh my god!" You reply sitting up, as much as you can. "They're so precious." You say. Noah storms from the room. "Is he alright?" Dr Gupta asks. "I can imagine this is an emotional time for him." You answer.
____

Noah splashes his face with water but it isn't enough. He punches the mirror and falls against the wall. Fighting every emotion brewing inside. Anger, sadness, disbelief. As hard as he tries tears still escape his eyes. "Are you okay?" A dad asks. "How can I be okay?! The love of my life is pregnant with twins. My twins but she doesn't want them to be mine because she loves someone else!" He rages. " Have you tried fighting for her?" He asks. Noah pauses, thinking over the dad's words. "No, but you're right. You're completely right." He says. "Well I'm glad I could help." The dad replies. He leaves and Noah reflects on the conversation. "It doesn't matter what that test says. I'm going to have you anyway Y/N. Neither Camila or Rami will get in my way." He says.