Chapter One Hundred & Thirty-Four | Fourth World

Start from the beginning

"I can look after myself, haven't I proven that by now?"

And they were moving once again. The more time went on, Finch was tempted to leap on the man's back in order to stop him. But he'd likely be bucked off seconds later. Instead he scurried to get in front of the mighty warrior, but he was side-stepped every time.

Falcon sighed, "You've been lucky. This time, when you are being attacked from the front or behind, there won't be an opportunity for you to use your words."

Finch slammed his hands against the man's torso when he once again took a stand in front of him. They looked each other intensely, eyes narrowed. "I'm not a fool, I don't intend to sing them a lullaby. I don't even have to get that close, just close enough where I can use what I have learnt!"

Then there was the other reason Finch was determined to be part of the action. For one, there was rarely an occasion while undergoing the test where he wasn't expected to be at the heart of the fighting, and the other was because of his plan. One which was risky— probably stupid. And it was something he would keep from Falcon, because if the man heard his intentions he wouldn't just have him thrown underground, he would likely have him tied up for extra measure.

Especially given the news of Hawk's recent escapade, which made even Finch pause to think maybe trying to reason with the psycho was a bad idea. But if it amounted to him getting points for trying, then he was willing. He had come too far to fail now.

"It would only take one error and your life could be taken." Falcon shook his head, "What's worse is that Hawk will be coming for you. Whether to kill you or take you back with him, I can't be sure. But I won't take that risk. Just because you have gotten rid of that token, doesn't mean that Zephyr's not looking at you. And although we can only guess that it has been because of him, that things have gotten this way, we would very much not like to anger the deity with your death— even if we are disbelieving."

Finch didn't follow after Falcon, "That's not fair!" He instead shouted, uncaring of those around who paused to look over. He turned around and saw Falcon now looking at him with a displeased expression. Of course, the man didn't like trouble. Which is something Finch knew and had no other option but to use. "You and the others are risking your lives, the same things you said to me can be said right back in return. You are vital to the survival of this juvenile clan, and yet you don't hesitate to fight for us. You have faith in your abilities, and that's the same for me. I won't go underground."

Those around heard every word. Heads looked from the small man to the tall man. They waited for their leader to explode with anger, to punish Finch for talking back or refusing to comply with orders. But instead there was a tense moment of absolute silence. Everyone's movements in the vicinity had drawn to a halt.

Neither man withdrew their gaze. Falcon was frowning deeply, pupils practically narrowing into slits. But the intimidation act hit a brick wall, as Finch had been on the receiving end of far too many men who tried to dominate him. On some occasions, he welcomed it with open arms and open le—

But now wasn't that time. And when Falcon approached in three broad steps, he didn't flinch. Instead it was a gasp that left his mouth as he was flung over the man's shoulder. Like a rag-doll, he lay limp. It would have been pathetic to try and fight against the action, as it would be seen like a petulant child squirming to try and avoid getting punished.

No one said a word as Falcon kidnapped him and walked out of range of prying eyes. But once they were, it proved beneficial for both men. Finch flailed and made a point of kicking the man. He knew that since Falcon was wearing thick pelts, the impact would be fairly unnoticeable.

In response, Falcon adjusted his grip and slapped a hand on Finch's backside. Without any mercy, he gripped the extra meat which resided there and had Finch crying out. "Ow! Ow! Let go, let go!"