❛ 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 ❜ | 𝚜𝚕𝚊𝚡𝚕

It was when he stormed out after their argument.

It was when he went to the bar.

It was when he fucked around and got drunk.

It was when he spent all night at the bar.

It was when he went home with her.

It was when they had crazy drunken sex in the middle of the apartment.

It was when he fell asleep with her.

It was when he woke up at 4am.

It was when he didn't know where he was or who he was with.

It was when he looked to his left and did not see his husband.

It was when he rushed to put his clothes on and left the apartment.

It was when he made his way home and stumbled onto the porch.

It was when he unlocked the front door and stepped into the eerily quiet home that Duff and Izzy and their daughter Grace, his husband, two children and himself lived.

It was when he made his way upstairs and headed straight for the nursery.

It was when he saw his 9-month-old in his husband's arms and the sadness in his eyes.

It was when he was staring at them, now, that Saul Hudson realized he had really, truly fucked up.

"Who is it?" Axl sniffled, voice low and raspy from crying.

Slash was quiet for a moment, watching Axl gently rock back and forth in the rocking chair, careful not to wake their son when he spoke again.

"Who...is...it?" He asks patiently for the second time.

"Renee...." Slash manages to stammer out.

Axl let a small smile cross his innocent features.

"She any good? Better 'an me?" The redhead carefully stands and carries their son Cameron to his crib and gently lays him down, not turning back to Slash.

Slash didn't answer, just stepped forward and put his hand on Axl's shoulder. He knew better than to do that, but he didn't know what else to do.

"Don't touch me." Axl roughly shrugged the hand off of his shoulder.

"Ax—"

"Fuck you." Axl growled quietly, startling Slash. "This was the last time. The last time I'm gonna look like a fucking fool for marrying your sorry ass." He snapped, walking away.

"I'm going to bed, cause unlike some people," he finally turned around and glared up at Slash, who almost cowered away at the heat that was burning through him from Axl's eyes.

"I care about my children, and I want what's best for them. So I'm gonna go to bed so I can get up for work later. Make yourself a bed on the sofa." Axl walked around him, but then stopped in the door of the nursery.