A Picture is Worth a Thousand Bells - Part 2

A/N: I'm back! And hopefully, here to stay for regular updates!

First off, I apologize for leaving this project on hold for a while. To be honest, I really do love this concept and I want to expand it as much as possible. I'm also glad that it has finally received over 1,000 reads!

I know that seems small in comparison to other fics, but hey, watcha gonna do? It's a personal victory to me!

🌴We all know what day it is:🌴

🎈🎉New Horizons releases today!🎉🎈

And to celebrate, here's a new chapter for everyone! I'm also going to be releasing a special short story and song lyrics to the NH theme on "Animal Crossing: Extras!" soon, so look out for those!

(okay, enough introduction; enjoy the chapter!)

"It's...an original?" Yū asked, his eyes widening in disbelief. It's really real. Wait—of course it was real! Why would Redd lie?

Blathers, ruffling his feathers in pure delight, lifted his beak and closed his eyes in delight. "Yes indeed! How splendid! This is none other than Lady with an Ermine, painted around 1490. Oddly, da Vinci only painted a handful of portraits of women in his career, so this is a rare find! I finally see the true glory that makes the passerby cry out... 'What a serene painting!' Ah..." he exclaimed. He then paused for a moment to look at the wondrous benefactors before him. "It's really most stunning! I hope I can perhaps convince you to assist with Animal Village's cultural education by donating such a fine art piece? I'd be as chuffed as chips if you did, eh Wot!"

Yū and Alfonso stared blankly at the curator, processing what he just said to them. After mentally translating all the jumble of words he spitted out, they nodded to another and said with one voice:

"How much?"

"Um...pardon?" Blathers stated, taken aback.

"How much can you pay so that we can donate it?" Yū clarified, eyes beaming with anticipation.

Now, there was no other euphemism that Blathers hated more than "Having a frog in your throat." In fact, his plumage shuttered at the mere thought of having such an inability to speak properly that it could only be compared to the presence of a horrifying amphibian in the larynx. And yet...

He had one.

It choked his pride as a museum curator. But alas...

"W-well, you see, I...um...," he started, embarrassingly sweating beads of...well, sweat, "we depend on generosity to build up our repertoire as a museum. All exhibits are free since not many people have too many bells to spend on cultural enlightenment. And therefore...I have no funds that can possibly amount to afford this, hoo..." A twinge of sadness crept into his voice, but soon vanished as a hopeful plea—no, a request—sprang forth from his lips (or beak, rather). "So, if you would be kind enough, could you perhaps consider donating it...with no price attached?"