Episode 2: The Spring Sports Fair (pt2)

For the next forty-five minutes, Kyle, Ai, Alfonso, and the rest played soccer, and they all seemed to have a good time. Ai insisted that James join in and practice with them. James, even though he claimed he was more of a political science man rather than an athlete, actually played very well, even better than Yū. One time, he kicked the ball so hard that it tore right through the makeshift net and into the woods. Ai, who was guarding the net, fell flat on her back in shock of how rapidly the ball was coming towards her.

"Oh Ai! I'm terribly sorry!" James apologized. "I didn't know I could kick that hard. Here, let me help you up," he offered, stretching out his hand. He gently lifted her up, then brushed her off. Ai, although she felt fine, felt a warm flush of emotions rushed to her face. Next thing she knew, she found herself blushing. But while she was turning red, Yū was beginning to turn green...with envy.

Kyle tugged on Jame's pants, then pointed in the direction where the ball landed. "Oh, you want to get the ball for us? Well be my guest." Kyle ran into the bushes, searching for where it could've possibly gone. In the midst of him looking for it, he spotted a large, round object, buried in the dirt. His curiosity got the better of him, and he forgot all about the lost soccer ball. So, he decided to dig it out. He started to dig, and dig, and then...

 He started to dig, and dig, and then

"HEYYY YOUUUUU!!!!!"

(Cue Resetti's theme)

A strange creature with whiskers, overalls, and a hard hat burst through the ground effortlessly, scaring the living daylights out of Kyle.

"Ahhh!" Kyle yelped, but the stranger kept on yelling. "QUIT KICKING THE BALL SO AIMLESSLY! YOU'LL HIT SOMEONE ON THE HEAD! I've already been hit and was slammed straight into the ground!"

Kyle didn't know who this was or what was his agenda, but what he did know was how to handle this situation perfectly.

He ran in fear.

"Wahhhh!" He cried, "Big brother! An angry chupacabra is chasing me!"

"Wha--?! I ain't no stinkin' chihuahua! HEY! QUIT RUNNING AWAY!" the chupaca--I mean, mole--yelled back.

Kyle ran out of the bushes and into his brother's arm, who shielded him as if he was a mother hen protecting her vulnerable chicks. His eyes darted into the direction from which Kyle ran, scanning the area of the perpetrator who dared harm Kyle. "Who are you? Show yourself, chupacabra!"

"I'm not a chihuahua!"

"AAACK!" Both James and Kyle spun around to see the mole standing right behind them. Or rather, popping out of the ground behind them.