Episode 3: Every Nook and Cranny (pt 1)

Author's Note: I know I said that I wouldn't be working on this, but I found some time. Surprise! And Happy Mother's Day! Be sure to make time for you moms!

--------------------

"Ouch!" Yū cried in pain. "Steady now, my patient! You don't want to pull something, not like you've already done enough of that." A yellow-speckled, black frog wearing a doctor's lab coat and stethoscope carefully applied the last bit of the cast to Yū's poor aching foot.

For those of you who don't remember (Oh what am I saying, of course you remember), Yū twisted his ankle badly in the soccer game a couple of days ago, and was taken immediately to the town doctor's office. (Well, it wasn't really much of an office per say; more like Dr. Raddle's home was turned into an office.) 

"How long until he'll be able to walk again?" Ai asked the doc. She had accompanied Yū to the "office" to get the cast on today. "Oh, about 6 to 8 weeks, I'm afraid," the frog croaked. "A grade II ankle sprain is not a light matter. Yū almost completely tore an entire ligament! Seriously, how hard did you kick?" He asked, turning to the boy.

"Does this mean I'll have to quit soccer?" Yū asked back in return, revealing the only thing he cared about at this moment. Raddle sighed, "Oye... yes, this does mean you'll have to quit soccer, for now. Welp, there's not much else I can do for you, Yū, so you can go on your merry way and hop on outta here." Yū just looked coldly at Raddle, while the full realization of what he just said suddenly hit him. "Oh wait, t-that came out wrong! W-what I-I meant to say is...well that is...oh bother..." Raddle recomposed himself and continued with his instructions. He pulled out a picture of a steerable knee scooter. "You'll have to have to get one of these cool little...um, I don't know what it's called, but it's really cool and handy if you have a sprained ankle! You can get one at Tom Nook's store tomorrow, but you'll have to hurry. I hear he's closing for expansion or somethin'."

"Thanks again, Dr. Raddle. You're the best," Ai thanked, then proceeded to shake his hand.

"AaAAaAaAaAaaHhh! Don't touch me!" Raddle panicked as he swiftly withdrew his hand and proceeded to lather it in hand sanitizer. "Did you know tons of communicable illnesses can pass through direct contact?! Did you wash your hands before you came in? It says so on the sign!" he anxiously reprimanded while pointing to a sign.

"Uhh...what sign?" Ai asked while trying to look for it. She squinted and eventually found it. "Dr. Raddle, why do you have a light blue sign, with light blue letters, against a light blue wall?"

Raddle thought carefully before coming up with the most logical answer he could find:

"...I'm saving money to buy more blue paint?"

-------Two Weeks Later-------

"Ohhh...so much to do, so little time!" A middle-aged racoon busily rushed around the store getting everything ready. Now, Tom Nook was always busy, but this day in particular was the day before his grand reopening as Nookington's, so everything had to be just perfect. "Now let's see... the inventory's been restocked, the floors are clean, the new Nook Points machine has been delivered, but I feel like I'm forgetting something very important. Oh, what was it, Tom?" he pondered as he tediously put the new vases on the shelf. He bumped one of them on accident, panicking as he quickly held it in place in order so that it wouldn't fall. With a sigh of relief, he struggled to remember what was it he needed to do.