A Picture is Worth a Thousand Bells (Part 1)

Hey guys! I'm back. I really want to thank LillianCloudwing for helping me write this story. I apologize for being away so long, but that's just what college life does to you. Thanksgiving break is almost upon us, so I have decided to work on this story some more. Thank you for being patient with me for more than a month. I wish I could update more. Maybe I'll find some more time during the week. Hopefully I can do this more and more because I really don't want this story to end.

Alright, that's enough talking. On with Episode 4! And have a Happy Thanksgiving!

 On with Episode 4! And have a Happy Thanksgiving!

The calm mantis crawled on its favorite flower, it vivid green legs contrasting starkly with the scarlet petals of the spring pansy. It didn't really have much to do today, besides eat a few of the smaller bugs later on, so it simply stayed put and prayed that that strange little boy from Treehut wasn't visitin—

"HA! Gotcha!" A strange little boy from Treehut exclaimed, holding up the mantis he had just caught with his net. "That's number twenty-seven for Yū!" He placed a hand on his hip triumphantly, and the mantis rolled its eyes. It soon buzzed away and left the young boy to face his best friend, Alfonso.

The alligator gave Yū a proud smile. "Heh, nice job, Yū! You sure are doing great this round... you know, this eighth round... of the same game..." a hesitant sigh escaped his snout, "that we've been playing all day..."

Yū crossed his arms over his police uniform—no, he wasn't part of the force; he just really liked the way this costume looked. "What're ya trying to say, Alfonso? You can't be tired of Mantis Marathon already! We've still got twelve more rounds to go!"

Alfonso took off his own police hat. He looked away rather shyly. "Well, it's been real fun and all, but I was kinda hoping we could take a little break... aren't there other things you want to do here in Animal Village?"

Yū paused, placing a hand to his chin. "Hm... actually, now that you mention it..." His green eyes lit up, and he held up an index finger in realization. "Ai mentioned earlier that a shady ol' tent popped up near the forest-ier part of town— I'll bet ya that's Redd's tent!" He had already put his net away and was itching to dash in a new direction "C'mon, Alfonso! I wanna see what sorts of rare items he's still got in stock!"

Another smile crossed Alfonso's face, and he seemed both grateful and relieved. Placing his police cap back atop his head, he followed Yū at a sprint. This didn't last long, though, because Alfonso tired quickly, so Yū had to settle for a walk.

 This didn't last long, though, because Alfonso tired quickly, so Yū had to settle for a walk