Can't Help It - Part Two

"Hey, Nini you okay? Why you're smiling creepily?

I was interrupted with my train of thoughts when I felt someone poking my cheek.

"Yah! Lili!" I whined but she just chuckled.

"I'm sorry, your cheeks are so fluffy! I want to bite those." She said casually that made me blushed.

"Can you stop saying nonsense?" I asked and she just chuckled.

"What were you thinking though? It seemed deep?" She inquired again and I just shook my head.

"Nothing, I just remembered the first day we met." I confessed.

"Oh! The indirect kiss scene." She stated teasingly as she wiggled her brows.

It made me chuckled as well and nodded.

Who would have thought that the total stranger almost a year ago will be one of the precious person in my life now...my Lisa.

Yup, you read it right, this kid became one of those few I considered close part of my life and heart. Now I understand why Jisoo Unnie treat her as a family despite her being annoying time to time, cause this person beside me is really one of a kind. She's too kind for my liking but I can't help to stay away from her at the same time. She's like a magnet.

We're interrupted when I heard Chaeng called us.

"You two ready? Come on! We're going now."

I expectantly look at my side to check Lisa's reaction only to found out that she's already looking at me.

"You ready Nini?" She said.

I nodded excitedly.

"Yes!"

If you're wondering, well, we will be having a weekend getaway. It's Jisoo Unnie's birthday and she decided to celebrate it out of town.

We're about to enter the van when I noticed a familiar figure approaching.

"Babe!"

Kai, my boyfriend for almost 2 years called me while making his way towards my direction.

"Oh you're here babe." I said then kissed his cheek. "You'll join us now?" I asked.

I heard a scoffed and checked who is it, its Lisa. She's gritting her teeth. I'm about to say what's wrong when Kai answered my question so I have no choice but to look at him.

"Err no babe, I just dropped by to send you all off and of course to see you, I'll miss you, you know." He answered.

"Aww, is that so?" I said disappointed.

"I'm really sorry babe. I'll make it up to you, okay?" He console me.

"Nah, don't worry, I understand." I assured him. To be honest, I'm used to this kind of "happening" where in Kai would've always choose his friends or his game over me. Before, though I didn't tell it to him personally, I really felt bad but now? Something changed. Maybe because I'm used to this? Or maybe because I'm now more of occupied because of this brown haired girl beside me, Lisa.

"Jen? Oh! Kai you're here, you'll join us?" Jisoo Unnie inquired the moment she see Kai.

"I'm sorry I can't, just wanna see my girl here before you guys go. Happy Birthday, though." He said to Unnie.

"That's a shame then. Anyway thank you man. Don't worry, you know we'll take good care of Jennie." Unnie assured him.

"Thanks Jisoo. Gonna go now too." He said then kissed me for the last time and left.