Fall Out | Pathetic - Part 2

"I can't do that, you'll be hurt."
Sent 11:24pm

"We're done Jennie." - Lisa
Sent 11:24pm

"Baby :(" - Jennie
Sent 11:30pm

"Baby :(" - Jennie
Sent 12:04am

Flashback

"Baby? Promised me that if just incase you found someone or fell out of love to me just tell me okay? I mean I don't wanna force you. I don't wanna feel that I'm slowly losing you. I don't want that kind of pain." I said to Jennie while caressing her hair.

"What kind of promise is that Lisa? I won't fall out of love or even find another one that can replaced you." She said with a bit of annoyance in her face.

I bit my lips, these passed day I became like that, afraid of the future. You see Jennie was ahead of 1 year to me. She's graduating now. We're already in our 3rd year of relationship. Everything is smooth until the day I realized that Jennie will soon to face different world. She will encounter a-lot of people. People that might be much better to me. I have a lot of insecurities in life. Jennie is the only person who showed be love, love that will prioritize you, love that will understand you, love that will protect you and specially love that will accept you. Jennie is perfect, a top student, kind, smart not to mention gorgeous and hot. I'm so blessed to have her, so blessed that my anxiety is doing good to provoke her patience every damn time we spent to each other.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt her hands cupped my face. "Look at me Lisa, I love you so much okay? So damn much! So don't ever think that way again. I'm hurt, really hurt every time I heard you downgrading yourself. Can't you see how blessed I am to have you? If I can just show you, and allow you to borrow my eyes to see how I look and see you, you'll be overwhelmed." She said teasingly.

I decided to go with the flow and just set aside my what ifs. "Hmm so since I can't borrow your eyes to check how you looked at me, why not share it to me instead, aye?" I said while wiggling my eyebrows to her.

"Pervert!" She smacked my hand.

"What did I do? I just asked you to tell it to me how you looked at me." I said in defense.

"You really want to know?" She challenged me.

"Hell yeah!" I said excitedly.

"I see my future Lisa, you're my future." She's looking at me intently.

I don't know what to react. The last thing I know was she's hugging me tightly while caressing my back.

"You're such a cry baby." She chuckled.

I sniff, "It's your fault, I'm not ready for that." I pouted. That's the best feeling I ever felt. I thought. She looked at me and saw that I'm pouting. "Psh such a baby" she said and leaned to kiss me. "I love you." She said.

I bitterly smiled on that thought. If I'm not mistaken that is the last time I heard her say that to me genuinely. After the graduation Jennie was immediately get a job, a demanding one. Being Jennie, a perfectionist, she made sure to do her job 101% good all the time and because of that not less than a year she was promoted. Our time together became shorter and shorter. That was my last year also in college. It required most of my time but I always made sure to make time for Jennie. Though we don't have a lot of quality time, I still felt that nothing changed and it really made me motivated. Jennie was so proud of me because I was running for summa cum laude. Everything was smooth and working according to plan until the day she was assigned to her hometown. Her real home.