Death Bed - Final

Lisa's POV

"I'm on my way back to hospital. I just asked Jennie if I can go home for a moment to change and get something, like spare clothes so I will no longer go home to change which she immediately agreed.

That's just my excuse but there are reasons I went home, first is to talked to Niki, after three months I realized something. I realized that I'm not really pretending, that all this time I'm in love with Jennie. Maybe the thought of Niki and I just excites me but me being with Jennie is in different level. There's something comforting between us, that even no one is talking I still prefer being on her side. Always. I'm just glad Niki understands, after all we don't have any relationship aside from the confession that we did like each other. She's now happily taken by Jackson, we'll love can change everything I think, because that Jackson really changed for Niki. Second reason is because of this....an engagement ring. Yup! I'll propose tonight. I want it to be official. I talked to Jennie's parents earlier and they been nothing but supportive.
.
.
.
.
Nervousness is an understatement of what I feel. I'm currently waiting for Jennie's arrival. I asked her mother to accompany her here at the hospital's rooftop. I decorated it to look romantic. There lots of rose petals on the ground and candle to lighten the place. There's a table in the center and a couch so we can seat there after dinner. I just hope she'll say yes again. But if not I'll force her, kidding I'll work hard to gain her yes of course.

"What are we doing here Mom?"

Jennie's voice interrupted me. She gasped when she noticed everything. I gave her my in famous smile. Her mom whispered something that made her blush, her Mom gave me a thumbs up before leaving.

I walked towards Jennie. She's still wearing a hospital's gown but for me no matter what she wear she will always look stunning.

"Hi." I greeted.

"Hi." She shyly responded.

"You look stunning." I complimented and ahe just roll her eyes. "What?" I asks.

"What's stunning about this Lisa? I'm wearing a fvcking hospital gown and I don't even put make up." She complained.

I chuckled that made her annoyed and about to leave but I stop her but her back still facing me.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asks.

"You're messing with me." She said sadly.

Aish, you're idiot Lisa for making your girl feel that way. I turned her around to look at me.

I cupped her face.

"I'm sorry for laughing. It's not because I'm messing with you but because you have no idea how good looking you are baby. You're so good that even just wearing simplest clothes you stand out, that even not wearing make up you still noticeable. You see the looks of the nurses whenever they assist you? I just want to ripped their eyeballs out of their eyes." I said as I gritted my teeth as I remember those times.

"Yah! Is that the reason why only girl nurses assist me now?" She confirmed and I scratched my nape.

I shyly nodded as confirmation. What? I'm I not allowed to be protective of my girl?

"You're silly." Jennie said but she's now smiling.

"Only to you." I teased. "So can I invite you for dinner then, Ms. Kim?" I offered and she cutely nodded.

We ate happily. Sharing stories, throwback. We avoided any thing about her being sick.

We're now sitting on the couch. Looking at the night sky. The feeling is serene. I hope this won't end. I never get a chance to propose and it already frustrates me. Maybe Jennie noticed it.