Part 11: First Show

Dinah's POV
First days for anything were always nerve racking, even if you had done a certain type of thing for many years now. It never gets easier, at least not as much as you think. Yes, sure, you get used to it, so the nervousness isn't as bad, but it's not fully easy either. It's actually harder because you never know if people expect anything new or different from you, and that's what puts you in that 'am I going to do good, or am I going to do shitty' type of thing, if you get what I mean. It's a never ending cycle. Today wasn't going to be any easier either. Why? Well, simply because it's our first show night tonight for this tour.

Despite the fact that we have done this for many years now, it's still scary thinking about the opening show of the tour because you don't know what the fans expect of you. Do they want something better or are they okay with what they have currently? You could never know, so you always go in being a nervous reck because you're just unsure of how things will go. And you can say whatever you want about me not trusting my fans, but it's not just me. It's literally every artist out there, believe it or not. The music industry just gets you to be so paranoid over the smallest things. It's messed up, but it's the way it is, sadly, and there is absolutely no way you could fix it. Believe me, we tried, but it didn't work out. It never does, sadly.

"Guys let's try not to think about tonight for now, okay? I can tell that it's stressing out all of you right now, so let's focus on something other than the show, hmm?" Ally spoke up, also feeling the tension that was formed in our tour bus.

Yes, we were in our tour bus now, because today we were performing in New York, not in Albany. I didn't mind, and I don't think the others did either, but it was kind of stupid for us to stay in Albany for three weeks, two fo which we were actually productive and working on our album and music videos, but then go to New York after those three weeks, when we could've literally done this all in New York, where we have an apartment to stay at, instead of staying at a hotel, but you know, whatever the label says, it goes.

"Agreed. I can't stand thinking about this right now, and stressing more and more," Lauren said.

It was a good point, though. If we sat here on this tour bus and kept thinking and stressing about how tonight was going to go, then we would all most likely lose it in a matter of seconds, which would later on result in us doing a shitty job preforming tonight, and neither of us wanted that.

"Let's maybe watch a movie or something? Or have a jam session?" Normani suggested. "Let's just have something to focus that is not the show."

If this was some six or seven years ago, then we'd probably be playing a game of 'truth or dare' or 'never have I ever' to get our minds off of things, but we weren't sixteen anymore, and those games were kind of childish, if you think about it. Sure, they might be fun when you're out at a party, but right now? This wasn't fun at all.

The longer we stayed silent trying to think of what to do, the more frustrated we got, and that was making this situation even worse. There were now more things to worry about, and there were now more things we had to try and figure out. That only added on to the worry, stress and nervousness. If I or any of the other girls suggested a movie to watch, we would start disagreeing, and that lead to more frustration. It was like anything we did just got us more and more stressed out. Ally and I were in the middle of arguing about what to do, when Camila finally stepped in and said something.

"Guys chill!" She called out, having the four of us look at her. "I'll call the others and have them come over. That way we could all hang out and focus on anything that isn't related to tonight. Plus, a couple of Colson and Ashley's friends dropped by, so we can meet them and hang out with them too."

In that moment, I was about ready to get on my knees and pray to Camila as if she were my God or something, because she practically resolved our problem. Lauren, Normani, Ally and myself all nodded instantly when the younger Cuban finished talking, not having anything better to suggest anyway. Camila chuckled softly, pulling out her phone and shaking her head just a bit, before clicking on a contact on her phone, and calling someone.
"You guys amaze me, even to this day." She joked before we heard a voice at the other end of the call. It was Colson, like always. "Yo can you guys come down to our tour bus? We're kind of in a huge need of a distraction right now."