The Confrontation

The Winchesters and Joe drive into the city of Chicago feeling anxious and nervous.

Joe sits quietly in the back, fiddling with the sleeves of his dark blue jacket and looking ahead at the road. Sam has his phone out with the GPS occasionally telling the directions, but he scrolls through several internet pages looking for any information he can get about the situation at hand. He sees if maybe there's a way that they could go about this is in a smarter manner than just hoping to catch Dirty at the right apartment building. Dean, of course, is driving down the highway with his eyes on the road, but obviously going over the speed limit just a bit.

Eventually, they get off at the same exit as last night and drive into downtown. The scenery looks different than last night seeing as it is now illuminated by sunlight, but the feeling is just as eerie.

Unfortunately for Joe, he doesn't have the comfort of his band with him to calm him down and make him feel safe. All he has are the two brothers which he hadn't even known prior to seventeen hours ago. But he knows that if he doesn't trust them, he won't be able to make it back to his band alive. With that thought in his head, his stomach turns with another wave of anxiousness.

"Hey, are you alright?" Dean says, looking though the rearview mirror at him. He notices that Joe's eyes are spaced-out and his lips are in a tight line. He looks like he's having a panic attack, but is dissociating through it.

"What?" Joe gets knocked out his trance by Dean's voice, "What'd you say?"

"I asked if you were alright?" Dean reiterates before looking back on the road.

"I'm good, Dean." Joe states simply, "Just nervous, that's all."

The older brother nods in response. He turns the car onto the road that leads to the area of houses they were all at last night. Listening to the GPS, he drives through the neighborhood until they reach the road of Dirty's apartment.

"Park where we did last night," Sam instructs.

Again, Dean nods and drives further down the road and parks in the same spot on the side of the road. The three men get out of the Impala and head to the back of the car where the brothers grab all of their equipment from the trunk. It's not much; just their machetes, hand guns, and syringes of dead man's blood. Also in their stash is any empty syringe that will hopefully be full of Dirty's blood to cure Pete at the end of this fight.

"Alright," Dean says once he closes the trunk. "Let's go."

The men walk across the road and start heading towards the apartment complex. Sam has the address and apartment number, so he's able to navigate them to the location. After walking a couple of feet, they reach the complex and head inside. They enter a small lobby that luckily has no one inside except for the receptionist who looks bored out of her mind.

The three men look at each other before quickly walking past her and reaching the other side of the lobby that showcases the elevators. The lady doesn't even bat an eye as Sam quickly presses the 'up' button. Thankfully, the elevator door opens immediately with no one inside. They shuffle into the tiny compartment before Sam presses the 3rd floor button and the doors close.

They stand there for a minute or two as the elevator slowly rises to the third floor. Quiet elevator music plays in the background and the stench is actually quite delightful which surprises the brothers. They thought that this place would be a dump, but so far the place has been neat and fancy.

Finally, the door opens to a luxurious hallway with nice carpeting and fancy looking wallpaper that has various paintings and pictures hanging on the walls. The boys walk out and Sam takes the lead by directing them to the apartment number. Taking a right, he leads them down the hallway to a door that reads "304" on the front in golden, metal font.