The Phone Call

~this first part of the chapter references some details from LA Devotee. no further references for the rest of this book~

A week.

All the Winchesters needed was a week to regenerate their energy that was lost from the past week to start fresh and focused on a new case. The two days they had to relax was spent alone in the bunker due to Castiel and Crowley still trying to find Lucifer (who had recently gotten out of his cage), and their mother still MIA. Unfortunately, the second day of relaxing was cut sort by a phone call to Sam's phone.

Before the call, they had been sitting in the library of the bunker, tired and with coffee mugs in their hands watching the news channel on Sam's laptop. The boys watched intently as the news anchor spilled news of the latest drama in Hollywood.

"We've finally been given updates on what happened to Panic! At The Disco's front man, Brendon Urie. The lead singer had apparently caught a sickness after Sunday night's performance in Los Angeles and had to stay home the following day. He's set to continue his tour as soon as possible. In other news, Pete We—"

Dean turns off the sound of the news channel, and runs his hand through his hair. If given a wish, he would wish to never hear that singer's name again. It reminds him of the past week and all the pain he and his brother went through.

Sam shuts his laptop about halfway closed and takes another long sip of his coffee, relaxing his muscles and laying back into his chair.

Before he can get too comfortable, Sam's phone rings. He picks it up and scans the phone number, realizing that it's an unknown caller. The brothers briefly look at each other with a curious look on their faces before Sam answers his phone.

"Hello?" He answers, looking at Dean who listens to the phone call tentatively.

"Uh, H-Hello. Is this Sam Winchester?" The other voice on the phone asks nervously.

"This is him. Who's asking?"

"This is Patrick Stump, and I got your number from a friend who said that you and your brother could help me." The voice says.

"Is this Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy?" Sam asks, looking at his brother who stares back at him in awe. Not because it's the Patrick Stump, but because they have to get involved with yet another rockstar's predicament.

"Yeah, and one of my band mates, Pete Wentz, has gone missing and we need help to find him." Patrick stresses to them over the phone.

Sam pauses, staring at his brother with a pensive look and then continues to ask, "And who is your friend that told you about us?"

"Brendon Urie. He said that I should contact you guys because you would be able to find him and make sure he's okay. You do know him, right?"

The Winchester's eyes grow wide at the mention of the singer they had dealt with from the prior week. That motherfucker—

"Yeah we do. How long has he been missing?" Sam asks.

"He's been missing since last night, and he was acting strange before he disappeared. I don't know if that's a reason for why he vanished or... t-the police themselves don't understand what I'm trying to say to them— just— Please, we need your help." The singer explains, desperation in his voice.

"Okay. Where did Pete disappear?"

"In Chicago after one of our concerts."

"Are you there now?"

"Yes. Me and the rest of the band are here."

"Alright, thank you, Patrick. We'll be there in a few hours," Sam assures the singer. Dean gives him a look of dread, but Sam knows that he's just tired. He is too, but this situation calls for their help, and of course they have to take it.

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much." Patrick sighs in relief. "Please hurry. I-I'm afraid that he's in some serious danger."

"Yes of course. We'll be there as soon as possible."

"Okay. I'll see you then."

Sam agrees, ending the phone call with a goodbye. The brother's glance at each other briefly before Dean says, "Did we really just get another missing person's case involving an emo band?"

"They aren't really emo, but yeah..." Sam shakes his head. "I guess we did."

"Wow," Dean groans. He pushes away from the library table and gets up from his chair. "Looks like we're going to Chicago."

Sam nods and gets up from his own seat. After shutting his laptop completely, he exits the library and walks down the hallway towards his room. He gathers up his stuff and heads to the garage. Dean enters the garage last, throwing his stuff in the backseat and jumping into the driver's seat. Sam gets in on the other side and shuts his door before Dean turns on the Impala. He backs out of the garage, out of the driveway, and down the road, eventually leaving Lawrence and on their way to The Windy City.

~~~

Ooo first chapter! I know this is practically identical to the ending of LA, but I had to give some background as to why Patrick was calling before I could get into the actual plot.

To all of the new readers, how are we feeling? Is it interesting so far? It's pretty vague right now, but hopefully things will clear up as we get rolling.

Anyways, thank you for reading, my fellow bad bitches.
stay bad xx
~brick