25

"Alis na ako, chief

"Alis na ako, chief." Nakangiting sabi ni Aaron bago ako hinatak para yakapin. It's 9 am in the morning and I forced myself to get up from bed so that I could at least kiss him goodbye before he goes fishing.

"Ingat."

He puckered his lips, signaling me to kiss him. And I did. It was a short kiss but it was enough to make us both smile.

"See you later." Tatalikod na sana siya at lalabas ng bahay nang sigawan ko siya.

"Aaron Ceyx!" Lumingon siya, bakas ang kalituhan sa mukha.

"May nakakalimutan ka yata?" sambit ko.

"I love you," usal niya.

"Pasensiya na Aerold, pero hindi kita mapagbibigyan." Isasara ko na sana ang pinto ngunit hinarang niya ang binti niya. Inis na muli ko itong binuksan. "What is your problem?"

"You are my problem. Please, Cassidy. Ngayon lang naman ako mangungulit. Pagbigyan mo na ako," pagsusumamo niya. Pinagdikit pa niya 'yong dalawang palad niya ngunit umiling lang ako.

"I don't know what you want from me, but you have to stop." I forced myself to remain calm even though I was really losing my patience.

"Cassidy mamaya na ang flight ko pabalik sa New York. You won't be seeing me anymore after this," he begged. He even knelt in front of me.

Half-panicking, I motioned him to stand up, but he refused. If Manang Soling was here, she would hit this guy with a rolled-up newspaper. But she was still in the wet market buying groceries.

"Hindi ako tatayo hangga't hindi ka pumapayag. Please, Cassidy, have dinner with me."

"Aerold, hindi ako ang first love mo. You may see her in me but she isn't me." Tatalikod na sana 'ko pero hinatak niya'yong kamay ko kaya napabalik ako.

Naningkit ang mga mata ko sa galit. "Let go!"

"Not until you have dinner with me. Just this once, Cassidy. I promise I'll stop."

"I can't." I replied.

He looked at me intently, his eyes searching mine. "I see her in you because you have the same eyes. She used to look at me with those eyes and tell me she won't leave. But she did and she took half of my heart with her. She left me for a person who just made her a rebound."

I was looking at him and I could see his desperation, his frustration and his hopelessness. I could see myself in him when I was waiting for Aaron to come back when he went to New York.

"Just dinner. And after that you'll go and leave us alone." I said and he nodded. His eyes lit up.

"Thank you," He whispered.

"Eat, Cassidy. Hindi kita dinala rito para titigan ang mga pagkain,"saad ni Aerold.

I picked up my fork and knife to cut the steak. He took me to a low class hotel restaurant. Kami lang ang kumakain dito ngayon at hindi ko alam kung bakit. I drank the wine which was poured to my glass a while ago.

"What was her name?" I asked, suddenly curious about his past girlfriend who broke his heart.

He spoke but I was starting to feel dizzy. My head started lolling. I even dropped my utensils. My vision tunneled.

I saw him standing up from his chair to come near me. His arms were outstretched, trying to give me support but I swatted his hands away. My dizziness is unabling me to see my surroundings. I dropped my wine glass and it shattered on the floor.

"Cassidy," he called.

But his voice and everything else was fading away. My vision is failing me, the entire place is now tinted black. I felt him carry me but I couldn't react anymore.

Before I fully lost consciousness, I heard him mumble. "Aaron will be sorry he broke Aliya's heart."