3

After he said that, I pushed past him to get to the elevator and Christian followed

After he said that, I pushed past him to get to the elevator and Christian followed. Aaron pressed the elevator button so it won't close. Damn.

Nanatili lang siyang nakatingin kay Christian. "Are you the boyfriend? Just an unsolicited advice, don't fall for her lies."And then he turned away.

Christian gave me a confused look the moment the elevator closed. "Who the hell was that?"

I shook my head to signify that I don't want to talk about it. He sighed and gave me a brotherly hug. "It's okay. Whoever he is, he's an ass."

"He is." I agreed in a small voice.

He let go and led me outside the building once and into the parking lot. "You take care of yourself."

"Thanks, Christian. You too." Halfheartedly, I slid inside my car and pressed my forehead on the steering wheel.

I took deep breaths and counted to ten before I repeatedly clenched and unclenched my fists to rid myself of the tension enveloping me.

I drove home feeling like shit. I entered the mansion and was relieved to find out that my stepfather was not here. I entered my room and stayed there for hours.

"Home bitter home." I muttered to myself as I let the usual silence of my bedroom consume me.

It was already ten o'clock when I decided to go clubbing alone. I refuse to allow Aaron to rake my thoughts with his insults.

I chose a sexy dress which will accentuate my curves. I took my phone from the bedside table.

Tumawag pala si Theia. I didn't call back because she's probably with Christian right now and I don't want to vitiate a budding romance.

I drove towards Andromeda feeling somber and all dead on the inside. I sat on the bar counter and ordered a shot of their special tequila. Even the damn tequila is special!

My eyebrow shot up when I saw a guy approaching. The guy settled on the stool next to me and gave me a lopsided smile.

"Hello." His eyes scanned me before he whistled appreciatively.

"Stop ogling," I blurted out when we were already face to face. He laughed.

I just want to drink alone tonight. No flirting.i

"You're too vocal, don't you think?"

I shrugged and drank the last drop of my tequila. "I've been told," I answered without enthusiasm. Tumayo ako pagkatapos ng isa pang shot ay lumabas.

Bumalik ako sa kotse and took a cigarette. I lit it and puffed. I don't always smoke, kapag lang may dinadamdam. And right now, I just can't get Aaron out of my fucking head.

I was halfway through finishing my cigarette when a familiar voice resonated. "So, you smoke now, too. It's gonna damage your lungs, you know?"

Speaking of the devil. How could my luck be this rotten?

"You're putting your health at risk!" Inagaw niya ang sigarilyo and hastily threw it to the ground. He stepped on it and threw me a death stare.

"Fine! I'll just go get another one!" I reached for the pack of cigarettes in my car and took one stick. Bago ko pa ito mailagay sa bibig ko ay nahablot niya na.

My temper skyrocketed. "Will you just mind your own business, Aaron? Huwag ako ang guluhin mo! Get the hell out of my face!"

He gave me a stern look. "You are my business."

"Damn you!" I kicked my own car out of frustration. It created loud honking sounds.

"What happened to you? I can no longer see the Cassidy I once loved in you," sabi niya habang nakatingin sa mga mata ko.

Umiwas ako ng tingin. Parang hiniwa 'yong puso ko sa sinabi niya. Parang nanghina 'yong mga tuhod ko.

"Ang laki ng ipinagbago mo. Look at you. You look trashy."I shut my eyes tightly. I clenched my fists to prevent them from shaking. This is too much. But I bit back a retort because he was right. I left him.

I stared at him. "Go away and keep your opinion to yourself." I spat. I cleared my throat and tried to look casual.

"What happened to you?" He asked.

"I heard that you have your own company in New York. Wow. That was your dream." I gave him a sideways glance as I overtly ignored his question.

Sumandal siya sa kotse ko. "Yeah. Thanks."

I frowned. "What for?"

He sniggered. "For leaving me. My anger for you fueled my determination to be successful. So, thank you." Sarcasm was present in his voice.

I had to leave because I was the hindrance, I thought sadly. I had to bite my lip to prevent myself from creating any sound.

I tried to keep a straight face. I wanted to tell him that I didn't really leave. I was there in New York watching his progress. I was always watching from afar.

I was really proud of him, especially when I saw his face all over the news. He was tagged as one of the most successful billionaires in the USA.

"Are you angry?" That stupid question escaped my mouth before I could even have time to think.

"Angry? Wow, no. Bakit naman ako magagalit sa 'yo? Dahil kung kelan hulog na hulog na ako saka ka biglang nang-iwan? No, Cassidy, I'm not angry at you at all."

Napayuko ako, this time I couldn't stop a few tears from sliding down. "Sorry."

"That's bullshit!" galit na sigaw niya. Marahas na iniharap niya ako sa kanya. "Sorry? That's it? Sa lahat ng sakit, sorry lang? Your apology can't fix me! Your apology can't take away all the pain you made me feel! Look at me! You made me heartless!"

Napahikbi ako. I kept on apologizing. And it seemed to anger him more. He was right, I couldn't erase his pain.

"Damn it, Cassidy. Kung alam mo lang kung gaano kasakit no'ng iniwan mo 'ko."

Gusto kong sabihin na alam ko. Kasi ako rin nasaktan. Ako rin nahirapan.

"I kept asking myself if you were also hurting. Pero naisip ko, oo nga pala. May iba ka na."

There hasn't been anyone else. I said those things so he won't run after me. But he did.

The time wasn't right. I just had to set him free. I had to let him go so he could fulfill his dream and I was left hoping that when he's already achieved those goals, he'll come back and we'd continue where we'd left off.

I was stupid for believing that. Because as I looked at him right now, all I can see is anger.