5

"Your ex is crazy rich, Cassidy! I can't believe he really paid thirty million to have your billboard removed!" Sabi ni Christian mula sa kabilang linya

"Your ex is crazy rich, Cassidy! I can't believe he really paid thirty million to have your billboard removed!" Sabi ni Christian mula sa kabilang linya. Halata ang pagkamangha sa boses niya habang sinasabi niya iyon.

"Hindi rin ako makapaniwala." Gilalas pa ring sagot ko. "Hanggang ngayon."

"I can't believe Mr. Chua took the cheque." He said. "But oh well, those are millions we are taking about! Millions!"

"I was kind of expecting him to tear it in half." I replied before I slid my fingers in between the strands of my hair to brush it.

"It's just a billboard, Cassi. We'll get a new project soon. Don't worry." He tried to cheer me up. "You still have that contract with Gold Link Productions."

I forced out a sigh, "You're right. I shouldn't let it get to me. He was just trying to exercise his power, I bet."

"You believe that, Cassidy? Seriously? He paid that much to have your billboard removed and you think it's because he's power tripping?" Tanong ni Christian.

"Yes," I slumped on my beanie. "That has got to be it."

"Dense, I see." He murmured. Before I could even have the chance to ask him what he meant, he already dropped the call.

I closed my eyes as the scenes from that day rushed into my mind without my volition. After Mr. Chua accepted the cheque, I angrily stormed out of the building. Aaron followed but I gave him a death stare. Kaya pala walang pumasok na guard dahil ipinaharang niya sa dalawang bodyguards niya.

The thought of him makes my blood boil. I need to relax and loosen up so I decided to go to a mall salon and have a make over.

---

The next day, I woke up to the loud banging on my bedroom door.

"Cassidy! Gising na anak, may naghihintay sa 'yo sa ibaba." It was Manang Soling. Siya na 'yong nagsilbing nanay ko simula pagkabata. I got up from bed after I did some quick stretching. I hastily opened the door and Manang's smiling face greeted me.

"Kanina ka pa hinihintay sa baba, anak." Tumango ako at lumabas. Hindi na ako nag-abalang mag-ayos ng sarili.

I walked towards the living room and saw my cousin and her husband.

"Cyrelle, how have you been?" I gave her a hug and nodded to her husband's direction. The last time I saw her, she was still pregnant with their first baby.

"I'm doing good! I dropped by to give you this." She handed me an invitation. It's my nephew's christening.

"I know you're busy with modeling sometimes but I want you to promise me that you'll come. Ninang ka." Nakangiting tinignan niya ako.

"Wouldn't miss it, Cy." Sagot ko. "Have you guys eaten? I can ask the maids to prepare something."

Umiling si Aldrin. "No, it's alright. We ate before we left the house."

Tinapik ni Cyrelle ang braso ko. "Whatever happens pupunta ka?"

I inwardly groaned. "Yes, ang kulit. Why did you even marry her?" Tanong kong nakakaloko kay Aldrin na tawa lang ang sagot.

"I'll come. I promise." Itinaas ko pa ang kanang kamay ko para makumbinsi siya.

Her face lit up. "Great! We have to go now."

"You seem to be in a hurry." I pointed out and she grinned.

"Ipinamimigay namin personally ang mga imbitasyon."

"Oh, okay. Mag-ingat kayo." Hinatid ko sila hanggang sa gate. Aldrin's black Ford was waiting for them. They entered the car and Cyrelle lowered the window so she could shout. "I forgot to tell you something!"

"What is it?"

She winked at me. "Ninong si Aaron."

*** This novel has been transferred to Dreame. To read the entire thing and other exclusive novels, please head over to my Dreame profile (Patyeah). Thanks! ***