VALENTINES LEAP

VALENTINES LEAP

As far as I know, Evelyn came back to school after Valentines Day. I skipped Valentines Day because a little birdie spilled that Gavin was going to be cheesy and ask me to be his girlfriend on the Hallmark day for true love. So I told my mom I was sick. She was so happy that I was just talking to her that she agreed to let me stay home. She had to run some errands but made sure to check on me as often as possible.

I did come back the day after to see Evelyn all by herself at lunch looking more than depressed. For some reason I thought she had made new friends with Heather and Skyler. But that probably wasn't going to last considering they were sophomores.

Lockers were still decorated with paper hearts and classroom doors were done up in red and pink streamers. The true love fairies obviously didn't come over night to rid this place of Valentines day. In away it bothered me, Valentines Day has always bothered me. It bothered Jayla a lot too. Kayla and Lori adored the holiday, but Jayla despised it more then me. I don't know why and I wish that I had asked. Ainsley never seemed to care for it all that much, but that was because Valentines day was always just another normal day for her.

It was art now and I could tell that Gavin wasn't all that happy. He pouted all through lunch and didn't even once look at me. I shrugged it off, he'd get over it.

Gavin: "Dammit Freya, why the hell did you skip yesterday?"

Me: ". . ."

I shrugged.

Gavin: "For fucks sake, do not go silent on me."

Gavin was fuming in the middle of art. Is it wrong of me that I find it rather amusing?

Me: "I was sick."

I faked a cough to prove my point. It probably was a little counter productive.

Gavin: "Sure, whatever you say. Will you at least come to my basketball game today? It's a home game."

I pondered the idea for a minute. I didn't have to do anything today and I guess I did owe hime that. But god, I hate sports and basketball especially. I think I hate hockey and football more, though. I'm not into big contact sports.

Me: "Sure, I'll go."

Lola squealed from next to me. It's becoming a rather annoying habit of her's.

Lola: "I'll come too, when is it?"

Of course we were going to turn this into a full on event.