10: Day one Jitters

Bailey's POV

The sun shines through the window waking me up minutes before my alarm, interrupting the sexual dream I was having about Hunter but before I get out of bed I close my eyes one more time and reminiscence his hands all over my body and his lips pressed against mine. What I would do to make that dream a reality. Then I remember, I'm no longer a single woman.

Last night Levi and I made things official, well as official as it can be and today we are going to strut through that school and announce it to everyone. My body fills with anxiety as I think about this. So many questions flood my head. Will this work? What if Levi humiliates me in front of everyone? What if everyone sees right through our facade? What if they think I'm not good enough for him.

I rush to the vanity and pull out my makeup and it's not something I'm used to wearing so I better give myself enough time to practice and after four failed attempts at eyeliner I decide eyeshadow is enough. I pull out three different shirts and a pair of jeans trying them with three different pairs of shoes to find the right outfit. All eyes will be on me today. I settle on brown riding boots, high waisted jeans and an over-sized sweater that I tuck messily into the waistband. When I look out the window I see the blue truck sitting in my driveway and of course he would show up early.

I check myself once more in the mirror and realize I haven't styled my hair. There isn't enough time to pull my hair into a messy bun because I can never do those on the first try so instead I brush my hair back into a low ponytail. The horn beeps, reminding me that he is waiting. I spray some knock off brand perfume I got from the mall and I rush down the staircase grabbing my backpack and throwing my coat on.

Before I exit the house one last time as a single woman, I take a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves but the negative thoughts of how this is a bad idea still lingers.

The horn beeps again and Levi is already annoying me before the sun is really up.

I can't believe I am actually doing this. I can't believe I am dating Levi Bedford.

Levi's POV

"Good morning!" I sing as she climbs into my Chevy.

Right away I notice she's wearing makeup which is unusual for her and she smells like flowers, a scent unfamiliar to me.

"Shut up," she grumbles

"Hey, be nice to me. We talked about this," I say.

"There's no one here to hear us," she replies.

"So that gives you the right to abuse your boyfriend?" I ask.

She rolls her eyes. "Sorry, dear. Good morning sunshine? I hope you slept well!"

I smile at her, "much better."

+++++++

We pull into the school parking lot and I park the car in my usual spot near the gymnasium. Today is the first day we are coming out as an official couple and I'm nervous about all the questions and stares we will get. I just hope we can fool everyone.

I look over and see Bailey focused on her bookbag. She was quiet the entire drive here, another usual thing for her. I was expecting her sassiness during our ride, but instead she said nothing. She must be nervous, too. She knows, everyone will notice us together and I wonder if she's worried if they will judge her. Most people won't care about our relationship but the only person I fear of running into is Hayley.

"Hey, I know this is all new to you, but if you feel uncomfortable, scared, or nervous, just squeeze my hand three times, and I will take care of it, okay?"