Chapter 113: Startling News

Começar do início

"What?"

"You would always have a visitor who comes to see you soon after you are locked up, and it's not even Gill. So let me tell you what I think."

Aiden snorted. "As if you Templars have a brain."

Timothy ignored the verbal jab. "I think you are responsible for the violent affairs in the City, you place yourself in jail to have an alibi, but you send your instructions to the people who visit you to carry out the deed. Am I wrong?"

"I have no idea what you are talking about," He slouched in his seat, hands behind his head. "In fact, I am offended that you would even think I would do such a thing!"

"Keep playing dumb Aiden," Timothy warned. "It'll just make it more satisfying when we do collect hard evidence of your acts here in the City-"

"But you don't," He shouted with a sneer. "So do something useful and get out of my sight!"

"...That mouth of yours is going to get you in big trouble Aiden."

"You don't scare me," Aiden sneered, his bullying nature surfacing. "I know your rank Timothy; you're just a secretary for Lisa!"

"Oh, I am a secretary." Timothy stood up, making his way to leave. "But I'm also a Templar."

Timothy's eyes flashed into a white inferno.

THUD-!

Aiden's head was forcibly collided against the table, pinned to its surface as he convulsed in agony; his Mana was forcibly surfaced and submerged in and out of his skin, constantly folding and bending, twisting and stretching before snapping back into place.

CRACK-!

The sudden force made Aiden fell onto the floor. "Y-You can't do this to me! Do you know who I am?! I'll make you pay for violating my human rights!"

"There is no such thing," Timothy recalled a lesson from the First Templar before he left the mountain the City was built on. "Human 'rights' are nothing more than privileges that can be granted and taken away - and it is the job of the Templars to take those rights away when people like you show up!"

A swift kick to Aiden's gut was all it took to shut him up, but with Timothy's enhancements through his Templar Class, he did much more damage than expected as the leader of the Ocelots was sent flying into the wall of the room.

CRASH-!

Aiden collapsed onto the ground, groaning in pain.

Like Aiden's acts of terrorism and anarchy, what Timothy did was completely intentional. He was considered the less-extreme Templars among the rest, but he is human. And just like the first Templar told them, they will succumb to their mistakes and show their true personality when facing danger and stress, as he said there is no way to avoid it, for it is only human.

Timothy, just like the rest of the Templars, never forgot how cold and disgusted his words were. But he found sadness in how truthful the first Templar was, for when Aiden realized how easily he is being beaten, his arrogant attitude of believing to be unstoppable has been quickly replaced with cowardice.

"Wait-wait-wait!" Aiden crawled back in fear, blood trickling down the corners of his mouth from the injuries to his organs. "Don't...don't hurt me...!" he begged.

Immediately Timothy pitied Aiden. "I never planned to," He lied, he wanted to kick the arrogant Ocelot leader more, but seeing Aiden in a pathetic state made him hesitate. "I needed to show you what is going to happen if you don't start to shape up! My fellow Templars are not going to hold back if you start trouble again."