Chapter 50: Puppets Part 3

Axel and Petra watched the fight from the medical wing, looking through the glass as they sat on their own chairs.

"At least Jesse was able to find out about the poison." Said Axel, trying to lighten the mood. "Maybe now he could have a chance at winning."

Petra just shook her head. "But now that Jeimass lost the element of surprise, she's just going all out now."

"Have a little faith, Petra." Said Axel, giving her a mild glare. "Now's not the time to be negative."

She let out a sigh. "I'm just a bit disappointed."

"It's nothing." Said Axel. "It's okay that you lost-"

"I'm not talking about that!" shouted Petra, causing losing competitors to send a glance their way. "I'm talking about how Olivia totally bailed on us!"

Axel wanted to argue. He wanted to yell, defend his soon-to-be wife, and prove Petra wrong... but she's right. Olivia just ran away, and hid inside a dome while they were fighting.

What could she be doing in there?

"Never mind about her." Said a frustrated Petra, dropping the subject. "Let's just hope Jesse can win this."

"Still," said Axel, looking at his friend's new, secret power. "I can't believe he hid something like that from us."

----------

She felt a blunt object crash into her face as she was sent flying. She oriented herself and gracefully landed on her feet, her head down, eyes full of pain before she shrugged it off.

Jeimass felt worse before. Much, worse. So it didn't matter that the vision in her right eye became blurry, or that there was blood dripping from her mouth and staining the bandages wrapped around the bottom of her face.

She looked at Jesse to see something different.

[Jesse] Level 250

Class: Elementalist

Other than his Class changing from Wizard to Elementalist, the two large orbs of liquid metal that's hovering near Jesse is the only thing worth noticing.

"Metal manipulation... of course," Observed Jeimass, although the last part was said through a frustrated sigh. "All metals are originally ores in the ground, so in theory, anyone with a high enough earth affinity can control metals."

"Well, I wouldn't say control per say." Said Jesse, acknowledging her statement. "I'm still an amateur at this. It's hard to move the tiniest traits of earth in the metal, not to mention keeping it in a liquid state."

"And yet you managed to this." she gestured to her face, more blood oozing from the impact. She made a small opening on the bandages on her face.

Jesse was curious to see what she would do, only to be disturbed when she spit out a cracked tooth. It bounced in his direction as everyone watched in silence, stopping just in front of him as blood pooled under it.

He then looked back at his opponent, who is unfazed by what just happened as she rewrapped the bloody bandages on her face. But her eyes told a different story, and her mouth narrated it. "I guess I better start taking this seriously." She said in a monotone voice, but it was easy to hear. "I thought you would've gone down by now. Although, I can't really be surprise of this outcome."

"Yeah, well, I'm pretty tough to beat." Jesse replied, standing his ground and trying not to make the pain even worse.

Jeimass raised an eyebrow. "Who said I was talking about you?" she said, much to his surprise. "I was talking about the coward inside the dome."