Chapter 104: Deicide Part 8

Jess closed her eye, and embraced the sounds around her. There is the clashing of her artificial child and Raven. The blood rained down from the hole in the sky, accompanied by black monoliths. Finally, there is Veritas, the god of Limbo, preparing to wipe everything out of existence within its sight.

She opened her eye, and looked up as the blood splattered on her attire, with a goal in mind as she stared at Veritas. The single red eye that is its very being.

When she read the description of the Deicide quest, she had an alternate idea. Fueled with an ambition greater than the mountain the City is built on, but not even close to Ivor's, she set out to kill a god... and using its husk for her own use.

Her body naturally drifted to the floating masses of the uprooted ground, pulled towards them by the unnatural gravity they held. Her burned back pressed against the cool stone as the mass turned, facing her towards the glowing ground illuminated by the revealed tunnels of blood she ordered Isa and Slab to create; shielding her from the raining blood and keeping her out of sight from Veritas.

Jess simply stared at the crimson illumination of the blood below. An abomination with pasty-white skin, covered in metal and a single glowing red eye, leapt to her location. "How is he?" She asked The Lost, being possessed by PAMA.

The exoskeleton covering the skin-stretched ribcage of The Lost PAMA is possessing retracted to reveal a journal. "He failed. Your brother had the knowledge of the Clockwork Fortress, but the freak was after Lukas rather than serving you."

"That is how children are, PAMA," Jess stood up as PAMA handed her the book. "It's natural for them to be independent, and freedom for themselves."

"It was his choice to disobey your orders, so I crammed my redstone chip in the back of his skull." PAMA pointed out. "No one is ever prepared for the consequences of freedom."

"No one ever is." Jess said as she quickly read through the entire book, with her Intelligence stat so high, she could easily memorize the contents.

Ping!

You have gained the skills: [Blood Siphon], [Blood Control], and [Blood Substitution]!

"What will you do now, master?" PAMA asked as Jess pulled out a dozen Mana Generators that she kept in her Inventory. "How are you going to kill a god?"

"I just need to wait until it crosses over into our reality," Jess explained cryptically as she summoned several zombies with [Undead Summon] to arrange the Mana generators evenly around her in a large circle. "But I need to keep this Anchor active for what I'm about to do."

"And the freak?" PAMA reminded as Jess used [Blood Control] to manipulate the nearby raining blood to move to her location, compressing it into a small sphere above her head. "You sent me to occupy Raven, but he beat me to her first, yet he seems to have her handled."

Jess then used [Blood Siphon] to absorb the crimson sphere above her into her body, restoring her health as she used [Blood Substitution] to burn the extra HP as a substitute for the draining Mana reserves she uses to supply the Anchor. "Then it'll be easier to take her down," Jess said as she used [Blood Control]; a twelve-pointed star made of blood originated from her feet, each point connecting to the twelve Mana generators.

"But don't take too long, PAMA," Jess handed her zombies white chalk before she had them draw symbols on the Mana Generators, and two more concentric circles of white chalk symbols within. "None of this will last."

"Does the Anchor have a time limit?" The artificial intelligence asked as Jess supplied more blood to the twelve-pointed star under her, the blood branching to the other chalk symbols as they maintain contact to the symbols on the Mana Generators. She then drew a symbol made out of golden chalk under her, ultimately standing in the center.