Chapter 113: Startling News

Start from the beginning

Class: Occultist

Title: Megalomaniac for the Old Gods.

"I remember your Class being 'Warrior'," Paige recalled, looking at the smug male across from him as if he knows something that she doesn't; which would probably be true. "Did your Class change?"

"It did when I perfected my demonic magic, the City was a perfect training ground. It will all be worth it-"

"Then why are we setting buildings on fire?" Paige interrupted. "Why are we causing so much chaos?"

His eyes narrowed at her. "...You're not doubting me, are you?"

"Well, no, I-"

"You think you can do better without me, huh?" Aiden sneered, preying on Paige's flaw of self-doubt. It was how he kept her in line. "Well, do you?"

"N-No," She stuttered. "I just need to know why are we doing all of this-?"

"It's because we lack power!" Aiden snapped, slamming his fist on the table, and making Paige flinch. "The Templars were supposed to protect us and they failed; I couldn't stop Jess from killing Lukas, Gill couldn't prevent what happened to Maya and his sister, and..." Aiden took in a deep breath to stop his ranting. "Just get ready, Kai and Gill will meet you at the location."

"Is this really going to work? Summoning and enslaving an angel from another plane of existence?"

"It'll work." Aiden's smug grin returned. "We're going to open the way to Naraka and become gods-!"

A Templar entered the room, opening the door with such force that the sound interrupted Aiden's sentence. "Time's up."

"She has five more minutes, Timothy!" Aiden yelled at the Templar. Normally, one would be humble in their presence for their ability to negate magic except for themselves, but Aiden felt confident that he could take them on. "So scram!"

"Not anymore," Even though his entire body was covered by his detailed Templar armor, Paige could feel Timothy's gaze on her. "Out. Now!"

Paige ran out of the room before Aiden could say anything. The door to the room closed with a slam.

"Do you know why you're in here, Aiden?" Timothy asked, taking a seat on the opposite side of the table where Aiden is, who is giving the Templar his signature smile that always irritated the man. "You tried to break into Jesse's house, and tried to vandalize the property."

"And I am paying my dues to society, like the well-behaved citizen I am."

"Is that supposed to be sarcasm?" Timothy questioned dangerously, his tone having no room for amusement. "Ever since you came back from your adventure from the Twilight Forest – I have no idea why you would go back after your encounter with Jess – there has a rapid increase in violence and destruction here in the City."

"If you're implying that I have something to do with any of that, then you Templars aren't as smart as you think you are."

"Which is why it very, very suspicious that you keep getting arrested, and then something happens to the City." Timothy accused, recalling the explosions, the collapsed buildings, the supernatural warps found at each scene; so many people were injured. "It's almost as if you want to be here when the destruction outside happens... and it does after you are arrested."

"I guess you Templar's aren't very good at your job," Aiden insulted. "Especially since Lisa isn't here to guide you, like the mindless drones you are."

"She trained us to act as a single unit in her absence," Timothy retorted, as if he and the rest of the Templars were a pack of wolves, and were fine without their leader. "Which is why we were able to notice one key detail, Aiden."