Chapter 24

IT KEEPS POSTING AFTER 18. UGH.

I just couldn't wait. You'll either hate me or love me for this. ;)

The next 24 hours consist of me barfing, crying, and wishing in a hospital room.

Wishing Sam was still, well, Sam.

I feel okay then look at Sam and run to the bathroom. It repeats and repeats.

But this time it's different. I run to the bathroom but I hear them this time.

"She must really love me." Sam said.

"She does. And you loved her even more." Connor says back to Sam.

"I feel bad."

"Its okay. You can't control it." Connor said.

"She's beautiful. Perfect even. But, I just don't remember her."

Sam called me beautiful. Sam called me perfect. Its like the little butterflies that come when you get a tiny crush on someone and they say your name.

"You might never remember the past year. But thats okay." Connor says.

I was caught up in the thought until i herd Connor say that, which brought another trip to the toilet seat.

I make my way out and sit on one of the two chairs in the room, Connor being on the other one.

"Sadie. You haven't eaten since yesterday morning, have you?" Sam asked.

He cares.

"No. I haven't. I didn't even eat yesterday morning. I haven't been hungry."

"You need to eat something!" He says.

"If it makes you happy." I say.

"It will." He replies.

I die inside knowing even though he doesn't remember that he still cares.

Connor hands me the menu and I decide on chicken strips. When they come I only eat two but, they were surprisingly good.

"Hey I think i'm gonna go back for the night tonight." Connor says. "Do you wanna come back?"

"No thanks. I'll stay." I reply.

"Are you sure?" Connor says.

"Yeah! Well Sam are you okay with that?"

"Of course."

"I'll stay then."

"You call me if you need me, okay?"

"Yeah, I will!"

"I'll leave in like two hours then."

"Okay." I say.

A night all alone with Sam. It could either be amazing or terrible. But I'm willing for it to be either.