21.

Schlatt's POV:

My body froze as all the wind left my body.

He looked possessed.

He just sat there, his arms falling onto his lap, though he was still wheezing. His eyes pierced into mine, causing my skin to crawl.

I couldn't look away.

Carson was frozen as well. His mouth was gaping, almost as if he was afraid for his life.

"He's in shock." Carson blinks from his trance, though Wilbur still continues to mutter my name from his lips.

I swallow heavily as his lips begin to tremble, tears falling from his eyes.

"Wilbur.. Wil look at me!" Carson screams, laying Wilbur back onto his cot.

His breathing was rapid, his chest rising and falling, his stomach staggering as different amounts of oxygen filled his lungs.

I watch as Wilbur snaps his head towards Carson, his face falling into a state of anger.

"Fuck you!" He screams, pushing the hands off his chest and grabbing Carson by the neck in one swift movement.

"W-Wilbur! Stop!" Carson gasps, Wilbur's jaw clenching as his knuckles turn white.

I feel my heartbeat in the tips of my fingers, my blood pumping as the sudden rush of adrenaline washes over me.

I shuffle towards the cot, before grabbing forearms and pushing them down.

"Wilbur! Stop!" I scream, but his eyes held steady on the blond haired boy, his jaw clenched tightly.

It seems like time moved in slow motion. Nothing gives, my strength not enough to remove his hands from his neck.

It was like he was in autopilot.

Carson was struggling to gain breath as Wilbur's hands never gave, so I sucked in a breath, worked up courage and did what I thought would bring him out of his trance.

Kiss him.

I forced my lips onto his, the metallic taste of blood and rotten vomit pushed its way into my mouth, but I fought through it.

He fought against my lips, so I grabbed the back of his head, pushing his lips onto mine.

I bite his lip and tug at his hair, doing anything I can to get him out of his trance.

His hands slowly dropped from the blond's neck, Carson's tall frame finding the back wall, coughing and sputtering coming from him.

Wilbur's hands slowly make their way up my back, our lips then moving in sync. It wasn't a pleasant kiss, but it was enough for him to snap out of it.

I soon pulled back, spitting the remnants of his mouth into the garbage can at the end of the cot.

"S-Schlatt?" Wilbur chokes, blinking his eyes a bit.

They were still bloodshot and red, but I could see a smidgen of brown poking out from beneath.

I nod, swallowing heavily as he breaks down in tears, pulling my body onto his into a bone crushing hug.

"I-I.. Is this real? God I missed you so fucking much I-" He continues to ramble, but all I could think about was,

What the fuck did he go through in four days for him to lash out like that?