2.

"Wilbur, snap out of it." Carson hisses, snapping his fingers in front of my face, causing me to blink and look towards him.

"W-what?" I choke out, and his eyes go wide.

"Stop making it blatantly obvious that you're transfixed by his gaze.. Now he's smirking like a madman." He whispers, causing me to immediately look towards the mysterious patient.

He was, in fact, staring directly at me, a smirk planted on his face, dimple popping in his shallow cheeks. He was very handsome- not someone you'd peg as a sociopathic killer.

He bites his lip, causing my face to heat up, and look away immediately.

"Wilbur.. Stop this." Carson mutters in my ear, and I clench my jaw.

"Why is he doing this?" I grumble lowly, and he shrugs, positioning his body between me and the patient."

"He wants your attention. He knows your curious. Don't give him any of it." He sighs, and I nod.

Carson backs up against the wall next to me once again, and I look back down towards my feet.

Chatter continues to flow around the room, the inmates playing games and talking about their oh-so-entertaining nights. Minutes and minutes pass, the chatter never dying, until Carson nudges me.

"He's walking over here." He murmurs, and I gasp.

"Over here?!" I shriek in a hushed tone, and he hums.

"To his security guard." He continues.

His guard was Cooper. He was average height and thin, but was quite built beneath the layers of fabric covering him. He was strong, though he was quite sneaky. He never chatted to any of the nurses, just associated with the other guards- Travis, Ted and a few other who I'm unfamiliar with.

"When can I go back?" I hear his voice speak out, his body only a few meters away from me.

"Sit down. Lunch will be over in two minutes." Cooper snaps, causing Schlatt to let out a small groan.

"Alright." He mumbles, moving to the closest table to us, sneakers shuffling along the cement floor.

"So you're my nurse?" Schlatt speaks up.

I don't move, I barely breathe as I wait for Carson to answer. No words are spoken. I feel Carson nudge me, so I look up, instantly locking eyes with the brunette.

"Me?" I gape, and he nods."Yeah you." He smirks, and I laugh lightly.

"No.. I'm not your nurse." I chuckle.

"Are you?" He asks Carson, and he nods.

"What are your names?" He asks smoothly, and I look towards Carson, who nods for me to explain.

"I'm doctor Soot, and he's doctor King." I introduce, and he shakes his head, laughing lightly.

"You don't have first names?" He chuckles, and I glare towards him.

"We aren't allowed to share that with patients." Carson explains, and he pouts playfully

"Aw, that's not fun. Is there a certain reason?" He smirks, and I laugh dryly, shaking my head.

"Privacy... Why are you so curious?" I ask, and he shrugs.

"I like to learn. Just like how i love to hang out with friends, create masterpieces and sell my precious goods to others." He frowns as he traces the lines in his hands.

Something flickers in my heart at his words. Why would a sociopathic killer care about his friends, art and career?

"I just want to get out of here." He mutters beneath his breath.