3.

:three days later: 

"Wilbur.. You need to stop moping around. The patients and even the guards are getting suspicious ever since Kate got-" 

"Enough. Don't mention it." I hiss, continuing to walk towards the cafeteria. 

"Wilbur." Carson blocks my body from continuing down the corridor.  I sigh, closing my eyes and dropping my head.

My hands immediately intertwine, clamminess coating the rough skin. I feel the tears burn my eyes, and I wait for Carson to talk. 

"Maybe you should talk to Charlie, because something is clearly wrong." He suggests, his hands gripping my shoulders as he lightly shakes them, causing me to open my eyes and look into Carson's aqua eyes as the tears blur my vision.

"That would be a good idea." He smiles, before grabbing my arm and beginning to drag me towards Charlie's office. 

Making it there with ease, Carson taps lightly on the door, opening it without a response. 

"Charlie, we have a situation." Carson sighs, and he looks up from his desk, gasping when he sees me. I don't blame him. 

There were tears relentlessly streaming down my cheeks, hiccups crawling from my throat as I attempt to control the sobs.

"Do you have a minute to talk to him?" Carson asks, and Charlie nods. "Of course, sit down." He smiles, and I nod. 

"I'll just be in the cafeteria." Carson whispers, rubbing my back as I nod.  He exits the room as I sit on the uncomfortable chair, wiping my cheeks quickly and taking a deep breath.

He smiles sadly, sympathy painted into his features. 

"You alright?" He asks quietly, and I shake my head, feeling the tears return. "I'm really not." I choke out, a cough following the words. 

"What's been going on Wilbur? Tell me what's on your mind." He says calmly, and I purse my lips before speaking. 

"Kate got put into isolation because she had another episode. She was screaming and going mental, saying she didn't belong here, She kept saying she didn't do anything wrong. Then Cooper and the other guards came down the corridor and jabbed a needle into her fucking neck- It was horrible seeing her thrash and try to break free of their grip. It's scarring seeing someone who was making so much progress suddenly fall back to square one just because of something so small.  Then I ran to Carson for comfort, who happened to be checking on the new patient- who not to mention has been driving me fucking insane. Schlatt asked what happened to which i didn't reply to him so he decided to call me Wilbur, knowing that he should call me Dr. Soot. I lost my shit and screamed at him and called him a psychotic asshole, which he isn't. To add onto my frustrations, earlier that day Schlatt stared at me and made my heart race. I felt so flustered when he looked at me; then he moved closer to us, i'm still unsure if he was making fun of us or genuinely being kind by asking for our names. He told me he didn't belong here and that he did nothing wrong, I don't know what is it about him but he makes me feel all weird and not okay. He's making me believe that he is perfectly sane and that he's done nothing wrong yet I've only known him for three days and he isn't even my patient.  I don't know what to feel and its killing me. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm losing my fucking mind." I finish my tangent with a quiet sob, Charlie's jaw drooping. 

I continue to cry as Charlie stares at me, his mouth hanging open as he watches me break down. 

"I don't know what's happening to me Charlie." I cry, and he goes to speak, but no words come out. 

"I-... I don't even know what to say Wilbur." He chokes out, looking at his sheet of notes. 

I purse my lips, looking down at my hands as tears drip onto them, forming a spread out puddle in the palm of my hand.