Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Zayn interrupted me by putting his lips on mine and I pushed him off immediately. He stumbled back, not that I cared, and got in my car and drove off without a second glance back. His lips felt so foreign, so different. It was nowhere near pleasant, and I felt like I needed to scrub my lips free of all of his germs. I had no idea how I was going to tell Niall, he'd literally flip on Zayn and it could go bad, fast. It wasn't like I couldn't just not tell him, well I could, but it would come up later, like it always does, and bite me in the ass.

The house lights were on when I came back, and I found Liam in the kitchen, eating a scone, at midnight. Usual for him. "You sneaky little boy eating sweets in the middle of the night." I scared him and he jumped, dropping his scone on the ground.

"Lyss! That was the last one!" He whined and picked up the now ruined scone, and threw it in the trash. "Past that, where did you go?" He asked grabbing a glass of milk.

"To Niall's, then Zayn's." I sat down at his breakfast nook and ate a handful of cereal.

"What did they have to say?" He sat down across from me, and took a long sip out of his glass.

"Well, I told Niall everything. He took it better than I ever thought he would in a million years." I smiled to myself and Liam gave me a smile as well.

"I'm proud of you. What did he say?"

"He said that he promised he would be there for us always and forever, and we're back together. I think we're going to tell Carter tomorrow. I'm excited, him and Niall have good chemistry." The smile on my face got noticeably bigger and I took a sip of Liam's milk.

"Ooooo! Lyss's got a boyfriend!" He almost yelled and a big red blush appeared on my cheeks. "What did Zayn have to say for himself?"

"He was just acting shady, than when I got pissed off and left, he pressed me up against your car and kissed me and so I pushed him back and left and now I'm here." I shrugged my shoulders and took a deep breath.

"Better watch out, Niall gets upset easy." Liam warned me.

"I will. I have no idea why Zayn would pull that shit though. It's so confusing." I put my head on the table and lied down.

"Well Zayn told me something the other day." Liam's words made me lift my head up and meet eyes with him.

"And..."

"I think it's Zayn's story to tell, not mine." Liam finished off his glass of milk and headed upstairs, leaving me there, wondering, again. My thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock on the front door. I walked over and peeked through the peep hole and there stood Zayn, running his hands through his hair.

"You have some fucking nerve for coming over here." I opened the door and stood in the doorway, leaving Zayn standing in the cold.

"Look-"

"Better hurry, I don't have time for bullshit." I gave him a sarcastic smile as I cut him off and he started again.

"Look I'm sorry. You want to know why I kissed you? It's because I like you. Like-Like you. A lot. Ever since those short days before you left I realized I did have feelings for you. Lyss I don't want you to be with Niall, that's why I lied-"

"I don't care why you lied. You still lied. Before you continue you should probably know that Niall and I are back together, so don't say anything you'd regret." I showed my ring at him and the biggest shock of hurt appeared on his face. Good. He deserved it. I hate liars more than anything else in this world.

"I better be going." Zayn abruptly turned around and stalked back to his car. I shut the door quickly, and watched him from the front window. When he approached his car, he hit his fists down on the hood and put his head down. He had to have been standing like that for at least ten minutes, until I think he saw me sitting near the window. I turned my head to look like I was occupied with something else, but he drove away quickly after that.

I than sat there on that couch for 15 minutes, drowning in my thoughts. So many questions. I finally decided to go to bed, and to process it later.

-/-/-/-/-/

"Momma wake up! Wake up! Niall's here!" Carter jumped on me forcing me to sit up and get ready. { http://i.imgur.com/89uNU.png }

I walked hand in hand with Carter down the stairs and met eyes with Niall and smiled. He greeted me with a hug and sweet kiss on the lips, just like old times.

"I would have came upstairs, but I was too busy making you breakfast." He cheekily smiled and I punched him in the arm.

"Cheeky lad." I smiled and gave Carter a piece of my bacon.

"Are we going to tell him today?" Niall whispered faintly in my ear, giving me shivers. I nodded in confirmation and continued eating my breakfast.

"What should we do today Carter?"

"I fink we should play with trains, than blocks, than watch a film, than dance and sing!" He was practically screaming and I could see Niall smirking from the side.

And we did exactly what Carter said. We played trains for a good hour until Carter said that he really wanted to play blocks. Him and Niall were on a team to see who had the better house and of course, they just had to win. We sat down after we were finished and watched 'Cars' and cuddled together all as a family. It felt right, as if everything was finally playing out in my favor. Carter was asleep half way from the movie and so Niall and I left him lying peacefully on the couch and headed into the front room.

"I'm so happy." Niall had his arms wrapped around me and I smiled up at him.

"I am too." I leaned my head back on his shoulder and let him kiss my head. "I'm nervous about telling him Niall. What if he doesn't take it well or he doesn't believe me." I squeezed his hand, he kissed the back of my shoulder.

"If I'm not nervous, you shouldn't be either. Calm down." He rubbed my upper arms numerous times, at an attempt to calm me down, it seemed I needed to be calmed down a lot lately.

Niall's POV

"Momma!" I could hear Carter yelling from the next room over, and Alyssa pulled me into the other room. I lied when I said I wasn't nervous, I was nervous as hell. That faint chance that he wasn't going to accept me lingered in my mind all night, I had to take a sleeping pill to finally put me to bed. Everything she told me shocked me, but I wondered why she kept it to herself all of this time. It pained me to think that she had to go through all of this alone, and all because I made a stupid mistake. If I could go back to that day, I would of slapped myself in the face to realize what I was going to lose.

"Carter, Niall and I have something to tell you." Alyssa smiled and the three year old looked confused. He stood in front of us, and I had my hand on Lyss's knee. She was shaking horribly, and my nerves were shooting through the roof. "Carter, you know Niall?"

"Yes Momma I know Niall." His Half-British Half-American accent was just so wonderful and unique to me.

"Well Carter, Niall is your..." She paused at met eyes with me and I encouraged her to go on. I would have said it myself, but he'd believe her more. "Niall is your dad."

His eyes got big and he ran up to me and jumped into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his fraile body, and I could feel a tear running down my face. This was my son, I was his father, he's going to look up to me and I get to see him grow up and start a family of his own someday. It finally was setting in that I was now a father.

"Daddy?" He looked up at me like how I imagined. The word coming out of his mouth was so real and I wanted to record it and play it over and over again.

"Yeah Carter?" I gave him a smile and hugged him even tighter.

"I love you daddy." He buried his head in my neck and I held him so tight I thought he was going to explode.

"I love you too son." I let the tears fall from my eyes as I held himthere, hoping this moment would last forever.

-----------------------

awwww i cried writing this c':

i thought this was insanely cute and adlk;fsjl;aksdjf but don't forget to comment and vote for faster updates! it only takes two seconds and it means a ton! and almost 5,000 reads? thats crazy and such a dream! thanks again xxxx