Saturday morning coffee.

Start from the beginning

'He was serious about those movies Hazel.' I chuckled feeling the weight of a light over coat rests on my shoulders 'Remember we have double potions today.' Malfoy walks away with Nott and Zabini 'Ginny? Where are they going?' She hums as she and Luna glance up from the opened book in her hands 'Oh, the male students get to go to Hogsmeade before we can so they're able to buy rings.' My mouth dries as Lizzie chuckles 'Peachy, I was just about to bring Lizzie to Neville.' She shuts her mouth instantly and her face turns red 'I hoped you would have forgotten.' Luna flashes a rare cheeky grin as we enter the great hall 'I suppose she'll have to wait then.' Ginny says as we find the table Pansy and Astoria were sitting at with Hermione and Lavender 'She likes me right?' Lizzie says grabbing my arm 'Who?' I ask pausing as she nervously fiddles with her fingers 'Hermione, she likes me right?'  I look at the table watching Ginny and Luna take a seat and exchange pleasantries 'The only way to find out is by coming with me and enjoying a decent breaky with us.' She chews her bottom lip and realised almost half the great hall was looking at us 'I'm high key uncomfortable.'

I frown grabbing her hand and squeeze it 'It's alright, I'm right here with you.' She squeezes my hand back just as tightly and follows me to the table 'I hope you're prepared for the next few months ladies, the boys will be utterly annoying.' Astoria notes carefully stirring her tea after adding two sugar cubes 'I don't suppose today has anything to do with it?' I ask jokingly as I prepare my cup of coffee 'No, they went out to get promise rings and a suit for the upcoming Ball, it's the fact that Christmas is a month away and they'll try pestering us for Christmas gift idea's. They're utterly clueless.' I rose a brow sipping my coffee as Pansy nods in agreement 'Zabini always ends up buying us some sort of new cosmetic or hair products.' Astoria huffs setting her tea cup on the table and crosses her arms 'Draco gets us bloody perfume. They'll be clueless about getting you gifts, so they'll try slipping in a few conversations about your interests soon.' Pansy nods her head spearing a piece of sausage with her fork 'Theo's a decent bloke so he literally get you chocolates and books, and since you both love Quidditch he'll have a wide variety of things to get you.' Ginny Weasley snorts shaking her head with a small grin 'He's already asked me a few questions lately about my favourite broom kit and quidditch team but I can tell you the look on my face when he asked me what size my undergarments are was utter shock and boy, his face never turned so red when I asked him what size his were.' Astoria snickers behind her hand as Pansy let out a low whistle 'Good job Gin, I'm surprised he didn't stutter while asking, he probably meant the size of your sleep wear.' Out of the corner of my eye I notice Snape walk passed our table and lightly touch my sisters shoulder as he does Hermione blushes catching my gaze and I raise a brow 'Keep your secrets, I don't want to know.' She chuckles crossing her legs and digs into her breakfast 'Can you guys tell me about Neville?' Lizzie asks after a few moments of silence 'He's very charming.' Luna says setting down her fork and reaches for the bowl of raspberry pudding 'He's very soft spoken and loves Herbology. He's very down to earth and enjoys reading.' Hermione says with a soft smile 'He's also very courageous but very shy.' She says passing Lizzie the platter of toast and eggs 'He's always in the greenhouse when ever he has the chance to be and loves helping Professor Sprout.' I add before taking a bite of my waffles 'That too, he tends to be forgetful when he's stressed out but he's also always willing to give someone a hand when they need help.' Lizzie has a thoughtful expression on her face as she listens to everyone talk about her companion 'What does he look like? Does he look like the kid from the movie?' I shook my head no 'No actually, he's tall and has black hair, he's actually rather attractive.' I announced setting my empty mug down 'I don't mean that as in I find him attractive but I assume that's what you were asking.' She nods her head hiding her blush as I shake my head chuckling 'I thank you for your honesty but I didn't need to be called out like that.' Ginny laughs at Lizzie's bashfulness and discontent 'I'm sure you'll find him attractive, he's actually walking over here as we speak.' Pansy says pointing to the devil himself 'Neville my sweet bean, care to join our morning breaky and gossip?' He snorts in amusement and sits down next to Lizzie 'I suppose, who's mad at who and why did they leave the toilet seat up after you've asked them not to this time?' Hermione and I burst into laughter as Ginny grins over her coffee mug 'You catch on rather quickly Neville.' He raises his hands and shrugs 'It's hard not to, my granmum is quite stern.' I winced sucking a breath through my teeth 'That's tough buddy.' Lizzie slaps my thigh and gives me a look 'Was that really a necessary moment to quote Zuko?' I tilt my head to the side and ponder for a moment 'Depends really.' She rolls her eyes at my response and takes a sip of her water 'I forgot I came over here with a question Hazel, you wouldn't happen to have gotten a letter from Dumbledore have you?' I shook my head no 'I did how ever have this one plop into my home without warning yesterday. Malfoy said she was your responsibility, said Albus mentioned that's why you didn't get pairs with a companion.' Neville looks at me for a moment before actually taking a look at my younger sister 'Hello.' He says after a moment of checking her over 'I'm Lizzie.' She mumbles as he takes her hand in his 'I'm Neville.' He says watching her cheeks darken and smiles 'You're Hazel's younger sister, the one she calls shit head yes?' Hermione snorts and hid her grin before diving into a separate conversation with Pansy and Astoria 'Yes that would be me.' Lizzie says looking at her hands 'I was excused from my trip today, assuming your sister has things to do outside of hogsmead and homework would you like to explore the castle with me?' She nods her head after a moment and perks up 'Does the lake actually have a giant squid in it?' Neville nods his head and begins to have an animated conversation with her about Hogwarts and the creatures running about the grounds.