"Let's not blame this all on me, Con. You would still be asleep right now if I hadn't woken you up." Foster walks past his brother and over towards me and the front desk. "How've you been?" He asks and kisses my head. He slides away and I watch him in amusement as he sits and kicks his feet up on the counter.

"What?" He asks. "I was just giving you a friendly greeting!" He gives me a cheeky smirk. "So how've you been?" He repeats and smiles again.

"I've been okay." I nod and put my hands in my pockets.

"Fosters been a little heartbroken without seeing you these past few days." Connor smiles. Foster reaches over the counter and punches his brother in the shoulder.

"Was not. If anything I missed Sam more than any- Sam!" Foster's grin widens. I turn away from him and look to the front door to see Sam walking in with two coffee cups.

"Um, good morning." He smiles to me. He walks over and hands me the coffee. Of course he didn't show up empty handed.

"Thanks." I accept the coffee.

"So Connor and I get scolded for being late but when Sam walks in later than us with coffee, it's totally fine?" Foster raises his eyebrows to me.

"I just asked him to come in. You were actually scheduled." I counter him.

"Alright. Con, next time we're bringing donuts. And I'm a little disappointed that coffee cup wasn't for me, but it's whatever," Foster pouts to Sam.

Connor rolls his eyes. "You'll get over it." He says as he walks to the back of the store.

"It's a joke, Con! Someone is just full of sass today, aren't they!" Foster storms after his brother.

"Good to see they haven't changed," Sam laughs as we watch them bicker back and forth.

"I know right. Did you enjoy your break from the Hutchersons?" I half joke.

"Actually I was just over at their house two nights ago." He shrugs. I don't know if I feel jealously or resentment.

"Why?" I question as I sit down in one of the chairs. I don't want to sound rude, but I'd think Sam out of all people would need a break from them all. And why wouldn't he tell me about going?

"Foster invited me. We just played video games with Josh and Dayne." He shrugs his shoulders and leans against the counter. Trying to wrap my brain around these words just makes my head throb harder. Josh and Dayne? Out of all people..

"Did you talk to Josh?" I ask curiously. I don't care if I sound annoying, I want to know.

"Sorta. We didn't really talk a whole lot, but he asked if I would say hi to you for him. So hi." He cocks his head to the side. That's more than I expected to come from Josh anyways. At least he's not ignoring what happened. I just wish Sam would've at least told me.

"Well did you have fun?" I fold my arms.

"Yeah it was cool." He says taking a sip from his coffee.

"Cool." I huff.

"Oh- Jen don't tell me you're jealous," Sam laughs.

"Wha- I'm not! If anything, I'm glad I spent time away from them." I shake my head, but he doesn't but it.

"Yeah, yeah. Drink your coffee," He teases.

I look to the clock and see it's finally 8:30. I hop out of my seat and over to the front door. I flip the sign on the door to 'open' and walk back to my seat behind the counter. Just as I sit, Foster appears from one of the isles.