Chapter 5

"Jennifer!" I hear my mom call from downstairs.

I pull the blankets over my shoulders and tuck my head down, trying to drown out her voice.

"Jennifer, it is nearly nine o'clock! Will is here!" She yells and I immediately sit up.

I kick the blanket off my legs and swing my feet off to walk to my closet. I end up entangled in the sheets and fall to the floor before I can take one step. I kick away at the sheets and quickly stand up. I grab a bra and a pair of jean shorts and quickly change into them. I pull over a T-shirt and a gray sweat shirt before grabbing my phone off the dresser. I open the door to the small staircase and walk downstairs. I throw my hair in a bun before greeting Will.

"Sorry, I was just cleaning up a bit upstairs," I say skipping the last step of the staircase. "Where's Will?" I ask my mother as she up some pillows off the floor.

"He's coming in fifteen minutes. I knew I'd get you outta bed quicker if I told you he was already here," She smiles.

I grimace at her and she laughs.
"Nothing about this situation is funny," I roll my eyes. I walk to the kitchen and grab an apple before stomping back up the stairs.

"Don't be long, he'll be here soon," She yells as I walk past the extra bedrooms.

I walk to my bathroom and quickly brush my teeth before cleaning up my messy bun. After I fix my sheets, I sit on my bed and eat my apple, waiting for Will to show up.

I scroll through the notifications on my screen before a message from Vanessa pops up. I tap on it and it opens back up to the group message we had the previous night.

"You doing anything today with your new neighbors :)" Vanessa messages.

"Not sure. Might hangout with Will, I'll let you know," I text back and lock my phone. I walk downstairs just in time to see Will coming up the steps to the deck.

"Hey," I smile meeting him in the living room.

"Morning," He smiles.

"So what were you planning on doing today?" I ask him.

"I don't know," He shrugs. "I thought maybe we could go swimming at my house. You wanna?" He asks leaning against the back of the couch.

"Um, yeah sure. Let me grab my swim suit," I say backing away from him and heading up the stairs. I practically run into my room and grab the most decent swimsuit I can find. I find a black bandeau style top with a dark blue floral pattern for the bottoms. I shove them into a beach bag and take an extra T-shirt. I walk back down the stairs to find Will waiting on the deck. I walk outside to meet him and the blazing sun hits me.

"Guess I don't need this sweatshirt," I say tugging down at the fabric.

"Why do you where one anyways?" He asks walking down the steps into the sand as I follow.

"Sometimes it's windy, I guess," I shrug.

He nods but doesn't respond. We walk past Sam's house and finally reach his. I walk up the steps and see Foster and Connor throwing pool noodles in the pool.

"Hi Jen," Connor says squinting with a small wave.

"Hi," I smile. He turns his attention back to the pool toys and his brother makes his way over.

"I get it, you can't stay away from me," Foster says slowly nodding his head.

"You wish," I say placing my bag on the end of one of the beach chairs.

"Oh I do," he sighs.

"What?" I ask him with a smile.

"Nothing," he laughs. "Do you need to change into your suit?" He asks pointing to my bag.