Chapter 13

My heartbeat immediately quickens. Foster's face looks more confused than shocked. He looks left and right, but stumbles over his own feet.

"Foster." I say trying to recollect my self.

"What the fuck?" He says looking back and forth to both of us.

He stands bare-chested, his shirt probably somewhere within the crowd. His hair is a mess and his forehead is glossed with sweat. The only thing that captivates my attention is his brown eyes turning into a light shade of red.

"Careful, he's drunk." Josh warns me before I can take a step forward. I pull away from him and turn my attention to Foster.

"What are you doing up here?" I ask taking small steps down the side of the roof. I hop down to the balcony, but as soon as I land, the smell of alcohol swims around me.

"I was looking for you." He says creasing his eyebrows. "What are you doing up here?"

"None of your business." Josh stands from behind me. He joins the both of us on the balcony.

"I didn't ask you," Foster growls to his brother. "What are you doing up here?" He glowers to me.

"We weren't- nothing happened, Foster." I try to convince him, but I think it only makes him angrier.

"Why are you both lying to me!" He yells in my face. And I mean literally yells. His tone sends chills through my body. I never thought I'd ever see Foster in this state of mind. I take a step away from him, shocked at his sudden wave of heated rage.

"Calm down, Foster!" Josh yells right back to his brother. He steps in between me and Foster, but I step out to the side. I don't need him to feel obligated to protect me.

"Don't fucking tell me to calm down." Foster points a finger in his brother's face, but begins to sway and stumble over his feet.

"How much have you had to drink?" I ask placing a hand on his shoulder, trying to steady him, but he immediately swats my hand away.

"Don't touch me," He frowns in my face.

"Foster, I'm just trying to help you." I insist.

"I don't want your help." He shakes his head, sitting in one of the chairs.

"Foster-"

"Why were you kissing him?" He asks this time taking a hold of my wrist and pulling me towards him.

"We were just-"

"When did this even start?" He questions, his exhausted eyes searching my face. "Why did you do that to me? Can't you see how I feel about you?" He frowns again, this time with his face softening. I thought out of all the people, Foster would be the one to not have a problem with this. Maybe his feelings are more serious than I thought.

"Foster, you sound like a girl." Josh speaks loudly.

"I'm not the one who's scared of Jennifer," He retorts and Josh's eyes widen. I guess Foster had been there longer than we thought.

"You're drunk, Fost. Stop acting like an asshole." Josh scoffs and folds his arms.

He looks back to both of us with his hands now resting in his lap. He sighs deeply a few times, and his frown turns into a smile. Soon, he's laughing hysterically in his chair.

"Foster?" I ask as he tries to control himself.

"Why are you laughing?" Josh kicks the leg of the chair.

Foster stops almost immediately and his face goes blank. He blinks a few times before looking up to Josh.

"I don't know. But I think I'm mad at you two." He squints as he uses both of his hands to point to each of us.