Chapter 4

"This is your brother. This is Josh?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yeah," Foster nods. "Have you already met him?"

"He practically ran me over when he was jogging this morning," I say scowling at Josh.

He plays a small smile on his lips that resembles his brothers'. How could I not have known? Him, Dayne, and Foster share the same hair and eye color. His facial structure matches with Will and Connor.

"Yeah sorry about that," He says with a small smile, but I don't accept his apology.

"Whatever," I say with a huff.

Sam comes from behind and steps next to me. "I'm Sam, I live next door," He says introducing himself to Josh.

"Nice to meet you," Josh says with a small nod. There's a brief silence before anyone begins to speak again. I take the pie from Sam's hands.

"Just make yourself comfortable. People should be showing up soon," I say turning on my heels and back into the house. I walk in the kitchen to find all the adults engaged in conversation.
I place the pie next to the cake and soon after, the door bell rings.

I walk to the front door and greet the guests. At the door are my two friends, Vanessa and Claire, with their parents. I first met them on the softball team and then the friendship just sort of blossomed from there. Vanessa has always been the outgoing, ambitious type. Claire is more conserved, but never passes up an opportunity to come to a party.

"Hey guys!" I say with a smile.

"Hi Jen!" Claire greets me with a hug.

"How's it feel to finally be out of that hellhole?" Vanessa smiles before hugging me as well. I invite them in and their parents join the others in the kitchen.

"Who are they?" Claire asks as we walk to the deck.

"My neighbors. I'll introduce you," I say as we step onto the deck. As soon as we step out, the boys immediately turn to us, eagerly waiting to be introduced.

"Guys, these are my friends Vanessa and Claire. These are my new neighbors Connor, Dayne, Foster, Will," I say pointing to each of them.

"I think you forgot someone," Josh squints.

"That's Josh," I groan.

"Nice to meet you all," Vanessa says to all of them, then smiling to Josh.

I roll my eyes before returning inside, waiting for more guests to arrive. Soon enough the house is packed. Now there's music playing and people all around. Most of the adults stay inside the living room and kitchen while the graduates go out on to the deck. I pour two cups of soda and walk outside. I push past bodies until I meet back up with Sam and Liam, both of them sitting on the railing of the deck.

"Here," I say handing the cup to Liam.

"Thanks," He smiles and takes a sip. "Do you have any beer?" He asks.

"Are you kidding?" I shake my head. "You're not drinking while your parents and my parents are right inside."

"They probably won't even know," He shrugs taking another sip from his cup.

"Jen," I hear Will say from behind me. I turn and see him and Foster walking towards us.

"What's up Jennifer," Foster says with a smile.

"Hanging out with Liam and Sam. And just call me Jen, Foster," I say with a half smile.

"So this is Liam," Will says nodding.