Chapter 32

I watch as Foster disappears among the many faces in the crowd. I should go after him. I didn't expect Josh to announce that I was his girlfriend right then and there. I wasn't prepared myself, so I can't imagine how Foster must've felt. Sam seemed okay, but I wanted to tell Foster in a calmer environment. Moments pass and my chance to go after Foster is gone once I see he has completely gone within the crowd.

"Jen?" I turn and see Josh walking towards me. I walk into his arms and he wraps around my back and shoulders. "Is something wrong?"

"I just feel bad," I trail, "for Foster." I say quietly. I look to Josh and he sighs.

"He'll get over it, trust me." He says releasing me with a soft rub against my shoulder with his hand.

"I know.. I don't think he handled it very well, that's all," I shrug. "I'm okay though."

"And that's all I care about." He gives me a smile of reassurance. "Come on, let's go downstairs."

Josh holds onto my hand as he guides me down the hall back toward the staircase. I take one last glance behind me in hopes of catching sight of Foster, but it's no use. I follow as Josh leads down the stairs to the main floor. I push past a few bodies, but Josh holds tightly onto my hand. I notice that there aren't as many people as there had been an hour ago. We walk into the dining and kitchen area, and I spot Sam trying to find a potential snack in the fridge.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask leaning against the refrigerator door as Sam looks on.

"I'm hungry," He frowns.

"Why don't you just eat some pizza?" Josh suggests.

"I was going to, but Foster took the last box before I could get to it. The next delivery won't be until half an hour." Sam frowns.

"The whole box?" Josh widens his eyes with small laugh.

"Yeah man, I was like what the hell!" Sam shakes his head in agreement with Josh.

"Did he look mad?" I ask nonchalantly.

"I wasn't really paying attention. He just took the box before leaving out the back door with Naomi." Sam shrugs as he pulls out a bag of baby carrots from the fridge.

"At least he isn't alone." Josh shrugs.

"Yeah, I guess so." I finish.

"What, did you want to talk to him?" Sam asks before closing the fridge.

"No, I was just worried about him."

"Yeah alright," Sam sighs before shoving two carrots into his mouth.

"I'm bored," Josh sighs.

"I thought the Hutchersons were supposed to be party animals," Sam exaggerates and I laugh.

"Very funny," Josh rolls his eyes. "What do you wanna do?" he directs his attention to me.

"I don't care. I honestly just want this to be over soon," I answer truthfully. I catch sight of Lachlan whispering to some girls and I immediately drop my head in hopes it will hide me in some way.

"You want to go for a walk?" He asks leaning against the counter on his elbows.

"To where?" I ask with a smile.

"Doesn't matter," he shrugs. "I just wanna get you outta here." He says grabbing a hold of my hand and kissing the back of my hand.

"Alright let's go," I smile, hopping off the counter. "You want to come, Sam?"

"And miss the pizza guy?" He frowns. I laugh and shake my head.

"I'll see you later," I smile to him.