Ch. 48: Part III: Reinforced

Things were not looking good for UA at the moment. With Present Mic out of commission, Aizawa and Nezu (who had been with Aizawa) possibly dead, and the teachers and students slowly tiring at the continued wave tactic from the large amount of Villains, things were looking grim.

The worst part of it came from the fact that the likes of Dabi, Shigaraki, and the terrifying presence that was Gigantomachia had yet to engage. At this point, the strategy they were employing was working. Though some of the Villains were indeed out for the count, more still engaged.

Izuku and Bakugo had found themselves fighting side by side. Mina and Todoroki were nearby, as well. They were all exhausted, but fought on. They had managed a small reprieve, and were checking on one another, when a voice that caused blood to boil spoke up nearby.

"Well, well. If it isn't the top of Class 1-A," the voice of Neito Monoma spoke up. They all turned towards him. He didn't appear to be too roughed up, indicating that he was just now joining the fray. A few lower rate Villains had joined him as they stood opposing Izuku, Bakugo, Mina, and Todoroki.

"Soon, you will all fall," he said, sneering. "And once you're out of the way, we'll deal with this broken society of so-called Heroes. That is, when we free the Master. And with no All Might..." he looked pointedly at Izuku, "or his successor...in the way, there will be nothing to stop him from bringing this world to it's knees." He looked back to the group flanking him.

"Take care of the pink girl and the son of Endeavor," he ordered, as the group nodded. "I'll handle these two." Using what Izuku assumed was a copied Quirk, Monoma leapt in between Izuku and Bakugo, and the fight was joined anew.

It became obvious that Monoma had increased how many Quirks he could copy, as well as how long they lasted, and he switched up between at least five different Quirks in the short span since engaging Izuku and Bakugo. It kept the duo on their toes, and Izuku couldn't strategize quickly, other than working with Bakugo to overpower the other boy.

He wasn't making it easy for them, especially since he was fresh to the fight, and they had yet to catch a proper breath. However, due to their own superior fighting prowess, it kept the fight fairly even. But, for how long was what truly worried Izuku.

He knew that the big hitters of the League hadn't engaged. But would they, before UA's back-up had arrived.

It happened so quickly. Izuku and Bakugo had managed to push Monoma back. However, a random thug Villain jumped in before the two could knock Monoma out. They overpowered the thug, but Monoma had taken the distraction. He got up close. Closer than either boy liked. And he touched them.

It was all it took. He used Bakugo's Explosion to propel himself back before they could detain him. He smiled gleefully. Sadistically. And the look told Izuku and Bakugo everything they needed to know.

"Let's see how the Explosions match with the 'successor's' power?!" He drew his hand back, and both boys could make out the red lines that indicated the use of One for All. Though the Quirk couldn't be stolen, the raw stock building Quirk that formed the basis of the power could still be copied. Then, sparks began to emit from the same hand.

"Don't do it!" Izuku shouted a warning, considering the possible consequences. But Monoma paid him no heed. Almost on instinct, Izuku brought his hand forward in the finger flick position, while Bakugo prepped to pull the pin on one of his gauntlets.

It was if everything became slow motion as Monoma moved his hand forward, combining the two Quirks into one. Izuku flicked his finger, and Bakugo pulled the pin. And then, as silent as it seemed to have been for the three, the world exploded around them.

*****

The area rocked from the massive explosion, and equally massive counter. Heroes and Villains alike were blasted from the epicenter. Shigaraki smiled darkly, before looking over to Dabi and Gigantomachia.

"That's your signal to join the game," he said. The two nodded, as the massive Villain lumbered towards the middle of the battlefield. Dabi took a different approach, electing to not quite to engage yet. After all, there was only one person he was itching to do battle with. And the new Number One Hero hadn't yet arrived.

*****

"Deku!" Bakugo called out as he got his bearings. He was coughing from the resulting dust cloud. He ached. His arms were sore and tender after using the gauntlet. He heard some stifled coughing nearby, as well as a voice he easily recognized as Izuku's. 

"Why?" Izuku asked, tears welling in his eyes as he cradled the head of the blond Copy user. Bakugo approached them and saw the shape they were both in. Izuku looked only slightly worse than he had when they had first began fighting Monoma. His uniform was a little more tattered.

But it was the other boy that almost made Bakugo lose what little he had eaten today.

The arm that Monoma had used in his attack...was gone. All that was left was a bloody stump from just above where his elbow used to be. His breathing was labored. And, if Bakugo had to guess, the shock and blood loss wasn't looking too good in his survival chances. He could just barely make out what Monoma replied to Izuku's question.

"I wanted to be seen," he said. "From the start of the year, everything has always been about Class 1-A. Especially the two of you. Kan saw my contempt. My desire. He offered me the chance to be on top. I'm sorry." There was true remorse to his words. "I only regret noticed the error of my ways after I doomed myself."

"Don't talk like that Monoma," Izuku said. "We'll get you to Recovery Girl. She'll be able to help you. You just have to...hold on. Just a little longer." Monoma shook his head.

"It's too late, Midoriya." He said. "Show the world. Show them that it will be okay with All Might gone. Show them." With those words, Monoma drew his last breath. Izuku sobbed over the boy. Bakugo came and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"C'mon, Deku," he said softly. He merely got a nod from Izuku, as the greenette used his fingers to close Monoma's eyes. He then gently laid the body down on the ground before standing. One for All coursed through him, the lightning arcing faster than Bakugo had ever seen it.

Across the field, Gigantomachia stormed through, knocking some of the older students aside. Luckily, they were able to escape the wrath of the titan with minor injuries. The nearby Villains, however, were not so luckily. That was both a good thing and bad thing for the defending Heroes.

On one hand, less Villains. On the other, it made stopping Gigantomachia that much more difficult. But the defenders of UA steeled themselves. Right as the giant Villain prepared another assault, fire rained down from the skies, drawing a line between the Heroes and the Villains.

Everyone looked up, and saw Endeavor. And behind him, the cavalry had finally arrived. Most of the Top 10, Gran Torino, Mt. Lady, multiple other Heroes. As well as students from Ketsubutsu and Shiketsu.

Izuku turned back towards the Villains to see Shigaraki step forward.

The battle between Heroes and Villain was about to reach it's pinnacle.

A/N: I'm sorry, everyone. When life hits, it hits hard. But I'm back, and will hopefully bring you more chapters.