Ch. 33: Eri and Class 1-A

Though they hadn't wanted to, Izuku and Mina were fully prepared to get back to class following their day to rest and relax. The previous night's sleep had been just what they needed, holding each other close all through the night. Even if they had wanted to do anything more...intimate...they were too exhausted from the plight of the last few days.

They made it to class fairly early (thanks to Izuku's habit of waking up early), but not as early as some like Iida (thanks to Mina's desire to hit snooze as much as possible). The class was about half full. Aside from Iida and Momo, the other raid participants hadn't arrived yet. Everyone else that hadn't been involved was already there, as they had stayed in the dorms over the last few days, but had still been let out of classes.

"Midoriya. Ashido." Iida immediately walked up to them. "It is good to see you both well. Though I am saddened by the news of Sir Nighteye, I am glad the mission was a success, and that Villain brought to justice." Izuku nodded, still not quite over Nighteye's death. Mina rubbed his back. Iida, realizing he had touched a sensitive area, bowed lowly. "My apologies, Midoriya. I should have considered the toll everything had on you before bringing the subject up."

"It's okay, Iida," Izuku weakly smiled back. "I'm better, but it is going to hurt for a while. But we've all got support...from the one's we love." He looked at Mina with his words, and she smiled, her eyes gleaming. Iida, too, smiled, before taking his leave of the two.

"You are so sweet, Izu," Mina said, quietly, as she put her head on his shoulder, careful not to poke him with her horns. They stayed there for just a moment, before an 'aww' from Hagakure broke them out of their reverie. Mina stuck her tongue out at her invisible friend.

The rest of the class filed in shortly thereafter, with, surprisingly, Kirishima and Bakugo being the last ones in. It became very easy for an outsider to see who was part of the raid and who wasn't, as everyone who had participated had bandages of some sort still on, some more than others, but it was all mostly precaution. Some of the other's wanted to know about the raid, but were unable to ask as Mr. Aizawa entered the room.

And he had Eri in tow with him. She hid behind him for the most part, though came out a little bit when she saw Mina smile to her, returning it full force, and then sending one Izuku's way. This elicited another 'aww' from Hagakure, but she was also joined by Uraraka in it this time. Aizawa pointedly ignored it as he spoke.

"Everyone, this is Eri," he said, plainly. "She was rescued during the raid against the Shie Hassaikai by Midoriya." Of course, the whole class immediately thought, looking to the boy with grins on their faces. He turned into a human tomato as Aizawa continued.

"She will be staying under my care for the foreseeable future, so she'll be with me in class when not with the other teachers learning basic education. She is also staying in the 1-A dorms, alternating between two rooms. One by Midoriya's dorm. The other by Ashido's. I will be making regular checks on her, but she has expressed a...wish...to be close to these two, which has been granted." He looked between the two students. "I trust you'll make her feel comfortable and safe?"

"Yes, sir!" both Izuku and Mina replied, partly out of fear of their teacher, but mostly out of their deepest desires to keep the little girl safe.

"Good," Aizawa said. "Now. Eri also wished to meet Midoriya and Ashido's friends and classmates, so I'm going to take a nap." He gestured for Eri to go meet the class. Though she had wished it, she was still hesitant, but immediately went for Mina, wrapping the pink girl in a hug. Again, another 'aww' came coursing through, but this one from most of the class.

"Did you just 'aww', Kacchan?" Izuku asked Bakugo, who's eyes went wide at the 'accusation'.

"What? No! Why would I do something so girly, I...." he stammered out, frustrated, but knowing he was caught. He smiled ruefully. "Dammit, Deku, you'll pay for that." he said, semi-jokingly, eliciting the two, and Kirishima who had witnessed the whole thing, to laugh.

All of the girls, and some of the guys, had gotten up to walk over to where Mina and Eri were. Mina was introducing everyone, and, at first, Eri was okay. Saying hello, and asking questions for everyone. After a few moments, though, she felt a bit crowded. This wasn't initially picked up by anyone but Mina, who saw that the girl was getting more and more anxious and nervous.

Eri was starting to feel trapped, and her breathing quickened. Izuku, who had been conversing a bit with Bakugo and Kirishima about team training, was stopped by the look in Eri's eyes. He stood up, and started walking over.

"Guys, maybe we should give her some space," he said, a little quietly, though it seemed to fall on deaf ears. He was getting irritated. He liked the people here, but...they were being too overbearing. He clenched his teeth. He opened his mouth once more.

"Okay, guys, enough!" Mina shouted, covering Eri's ears as she did so. "I'm sorry, but you're overcrowding the poor girl!" Everyone stepped back, before looks of guilt crossed their faces as they realized that's exactly what they'd been doing. Everyone apologized sincerely, before going back to their seats. Eri hung on to Mina a little tighter.

Aizawa had seen the whole thing, and had been about to intervene before Mina's outburst. He smiled, proud of his student, before feeling everything was under control before turning back over to fall asleep. Luckily, things had quieted down, and Eri was able to relax a little more, allowing Mina to return to her more chipper mood.

Things were definitely going to be interesting with Eri around now.