Ch. 28: The Secret and The Raid Part I

Izuku and Mina walked hand in hand towards the main building of UA. Izuku hadn't mentioned what specifically they were doing, but that it was something very important. Mina had seen the look in her boyfriend's face, and figured she would find out soon enough, so didn't pester him for details. She hadn't even asked who they were going to see, but had a good idea.

Sure enough, as they had made it to the office, she wasn't that surprised to see All Might open and greet the two. He gave her his best smile, but she could tell between him and Izuku that this was not only important, the subject was going to be rather heavy. And she was prepared for that. Because she loved Izuku. And he loved her.

"Young Midoriya. Young Ashido. Please, come in and take a seat," Toshinori said to the two. As they made their way in, he reflected on his brief conversation with Izuku that had brought the two students to the office. When Izuku revealed to Toshinori that the One for All inheritor had confessed his love for the pink-skinned girl, Toshinori had been both happy for the boy, and had felt he knew where their conversation was going. He had assumed correctly, and now they were here.

The three sat down, All Might on one couch, with Izuku and Mina next to each other on the other couch across from him. After a few seconds, pleasantries, and checking to see if he could get the students something to drink, All Might looked over to Izuku, clearly giving the boy the floor. Izuku nodded before turning to Mina.

"Do you remember when I told you I was a late bloomer?" he asked. She nodded, curiosity in her eyes, but loving and willing to listen to Izuku. "What I told you isn't true. I was Quirkless. I was born Quirkless, and I thought, after a while, that I would never get a Quirk." He gave pause as she processed the information.

"But you have a Quirk now," she replied. "If you were Quirkless, and would never get one, how do you have one?" It was strange to her. Having a Quirk even though you weren't meant for one. What did that even mean?

"That's where I come in," All Might spoke up. He then regaled her with the tale of how he and Izuku met, what he had originally said, a look of shame on his face. He then talked about the sludge Villain, and Izuku saving Bakugo.

"After that, I offered him my power, so he could become my successor," All Might continued, and explained One for All, some of it's history, including the who the Villain All Might had fought at Kamino Ward had been, and his part in everything. Mina was stunned, but she gave Izuku a look of absolute admiration. He truly was the best.

"Who all knows about this?" she finally asked as they finished. All Might gave the list of people, including Bakugo. Mina was confused at first until Izuku explained that he had figured it out and was told after their fight. "That explains why he was less volatile towards you after." Izuku nodded.

With not much else to discuss, All Might ensured that Mina understood that this would need to be kept secret, which she promised. Once that was settled, the curly haired couple left to try to relax for the rest of the day.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you until now," Izuku said when they were alone. Mina wrapped their arms together and put her head on his shoulder.

"You don't have to apologize, Izu," she said, softly. "I get why you didn't tell me. This is huge."

"Do you think less of me?" He asked, his self-depreciating nature attempting to come out. He was quickly brought out of it by a flick to his nose.

"No doing that," Mina playfully scolded him. "If anything, it makes me think more of you. I mean, through everything, you never gave up. Never stopped being a Hero. And it lead you to gaining the attention of the Number 1 Hero. Gaining an amazing Quirk. Getting into the best Hero school. And..." she paused as they stopped walking for a moment. "It let me meet you. And there is nothing that makes me happier."