Ch. 25: Family Hang Out

A/N: Apologies for the slight delay. This chapter was a little more difficult with parental interactions. I also spent a lot of time getting the right names for Mina's parents, since we know nothing about them. Anyways, I hope you enjoy.

It didn't take Izuku and Mina too long to make plans for getting together with their families. They did have to wait another week, though, and, as such, it was at the tale end of Izuku's punishment that they were able to get together. Izuku's mother was beyond herself at the opportunity to finally meet Mina's parents, and to meet Mina officially as Izuku's girlfriend. Of course, she wasn't quite as hysterical as when Izuku had first told her about his and Mina's relationship, but she was still rather emotional.

The day finally came, and Izuku and Mina had each met up with their respective families first, then they would meet at a park that was close to UA. This had been so the two students were able to spend some one on one time with their parents, and then the locale had been so they would be able to get back to the school with little problem when the night was over.

"Oh, I can't wait to meet them, Izuku," Inko Midoriya was saying, for probably the umpteenth time. Izuku smiled nervously for also the umpteenth time. He was anxious, worried about what Mina's parents would think of him. Mina had assured him time and again that they would like him, but that didn't keep him from worrying.

Izuku and Inko arrived at the park first. This wasn't unusual, as Inko lived closer to the area than the Ashidos did. This gave Izuku a little time to mentally prepare. Or at least, as much as he possibly could. He didn't think there would be enough mental preparation in the world for meeting his girlfriend's parents for the first time. He breathed in. And breathed out.

"Izu!" the heavenly voice of Mina broke through Izuku's concentration. His smile had widened as his eyes opened, and he turned right in time to catch his girlfriend as she launched herself at him. They shared a passionate kiss...that was quickly interrupted by the clearing of a throat. They broke their embrace as they looked over to their parents. Inko's eyes were all watery. A woman, who could only be Mina's mother, smiled adoringly at the two, while the fairly large man accompanying her seemed to be narrowing his eyes at Izuku.

"Izu, this is my mom,  Nensei. And this is my dad, Tokatsu." The two approached Izuku. As they did, he was able to get a better look at them. Her father, Tokatsu, was a fairly large man. Izuku would put him at slightly smaller than Endeavor. He had black sclera, much like Mina, though that seemed to be the most significant physical mutation of his. Her mother shared Mina's pink hair, and some of her overall looks. Neither shared the pink skin or horns like Mina had.

Izuku bowed to them as they got closer.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both," he said, reverently. Mina giggled a little at this, and her parents smiled. Inko silently fawned over how well mannered and respectful her son was.

"No need for all of that," Tokatsu said, as he extended his hand out for Izuku to shake. Izuku, after a moment's hesitation, and silent encouragement from Mina and Inko, took it, smiling. "That's better. Now, I assume this charming woman over here is your mother?"

Introductions went quickly enough, and soon the group was on their way to enjoy the day. The first stop was something to eat. The Ashido's ended up paying, after much resistance from Izuku and Inko. Afterwards, they enjoyed the day, visiting shops and other sites. They even went to the museum. The parents mostly stuck together, getting to know each other better, while Izuku and Mina held back some.

Izuku was enjoying the fact that his mother was making quick friends with the Ashidos. He knew his mother was rather lonely, and she didn't have many friends outside of Mitsuki Bakugo. It was nice to see her being lively and social. The look on his face at this was not lost on Mina.

"I'd say our parents are getting along swimmingly, huh, Izu," she said, smiling brightly to her boyfriend. Izuku returned the smile, and Mina could see the tears start to line his eyes.

"It's nice to see her more happy," he said, his tone low for just the two of them. "It hasn't been easy for her, with everything that's happened." Mina knew what Izuku was talking about. Between believing your son, your only child, was Quirkless for so long, then for him to get such a volatile Quirk, that hurt him at first. Not to mention all of the stuff with the Villains. Mina knew how her parents reacted to the Villains, she could barely imagine what Inko must have gone through.

Before the group knew it, the day had wound down, and they were getting ready to part their separate ways. The Ashidos had welcomed Izuku as 'part of the family', and had even insisted on making sure Inko got home safely.

Now truly alone, the curly haired couple made their way back to UA. It had been an enjoyable day, and it could not, in either of the students' minds, have gone better. It was a nice break from everything that had been going on, and something that had definitely been needed for all of them.

A/N: Again, sorry for the delay. I know this was a little bit of a slower chapter, but I felt it was kind of a necessary break. Don't worry. We're getting right back into the nitty gritty next chapter.