Ch. 34: Trouble Arises

In a warehouse district on the outskirts of town, a familiar group had gathered around a very familiar figure. There was restlessness among the group. And further, agitation. Looking at some, you could see hints of boredom. A need to do something.

"I don't get it," Spinner finally said. "All Might has been retired for months now. Why aren't we more active?" Others in the group looked at him. In their eyes was the same question, but also the answer to that question.

"Overhaul was barely active," Dabi spoke up. "He runs into Heroes one time, and gets locked up in Tartarus a few days later." This started a whole debate among the group, namely at the mention of Overhaul.

"Don't talk about him after what he did to Magne!" Toga shouted at Dabi. Dabi merely looked at her. "Sorry. It's just. That was so wrong." She was even crying a little now. Dabi, though not feeling like Toga did, understood the girl's sadness. He sighed as he looked over to the two who had, up to this point, remained quiet.

"What do you think, oh fearless leader?" Dabi asked Shigaraki. He didn't particularly like the man, thinking him akin to a child. But ever since All for One's capture, Shigaraki had seemed more stable. Or, at least, didn't just jump to childish whims. Shigaraki turned his head slightly to Dabi.

"All in good time," Shigaraki said. "We can't just jump in to something, since the Master isn't going to be able to bail us out. Kurogiri and I have been working on something big." He looked over to Toga. "And that means getting revenge for Magne." He then looked to Mr. Compress. "And your arm." This piqued everyone's interest.

"So, gather round," he said, opening his arms as if in welcome. "And I can tell you the starts of the plan."

*****

It had been a week since Eri had moved in to the UA dorms. Per what Aizawa said, she had occupied one of two rooms, alternating between rooms by Izuku's dorm and Mina's. Most times, ever since the incident on her 'first day', she spent it in the room next to Mina's. However, she would also have recurring nightmares, and would find herself asking to stay in Mina's room.

Mina, of course, obliged. And Eri would always get a good night's sleep when she was with Mina. And Eri would always try to show Mina her gratitude, but Mina was happy just knowing the girl was safe. Of course, Aizawa would always take care of Eri during the day, and Eri even sat in a few times during training.

Today, however, Eri was officially in her own classes, being taught different subjects at different times of the day. Aizawa also worked with her on her Quirk, but made sure not to push her too much. As such, training was being watched over by Cementoss.

They were currently doing team training, with Izuku and Mina on a team against Todoroki and Momo. Their training had become such a spectacle, that most of the other students had taken a break from their own sparring to watch the match.

Working with the Pussycats definitely seemed to be paying off for Izuku and Mina, as they appeared to have the upper hand in their coordination. However, Momo and Todoroki were no pushovers, tactical minds, and knowledge Momo had since she was a part of the Pussycat's Work Study.

Ice and Fire, Green Electricity, Acid, and all sorts of other objects flew across the field. Though Izuku and Todoroki squared off more often, as did Mina and Momo, they were still able to swap who they were battling in a moment's notice. Though Mina wasn't entirely effective against Todoroki's fire, she could melt through his ice with her acid with little problem.

All four of the group were getting a little tired when the incident happened. In an attempt to stop Todoroki's fires from getting to Mina, Izuku had gotten in the path of a clump of her acid. As such, there was now a hole in his Hero costume. The battle was brought to a close shortly after. Mina quickly ran up to her boyfriend.

"Oh, Izu! I'm so sorry!" she was almost freaking out, though Izuku was trying his best to reassure her that it was only his costume (which it was).

"Don't worry, Mina," he said. "I'll just have Support patch it up." Almost as if on cue, Cementoss came up, telling Izuku what the One for All user had just said. Izuku nodded. Mina had asked if she could join, but was denied, as there was still some of class left. Izuku promised he'd see her after before taking his leave.

Soon enough, the day was over, and the class was heading out. Mina was talking to the other girls about her plan with Izuku to take Eri out for a night to enjoy a movie. Aizawa had been reluctant, but had ultimately given in, especially after Eri expressed her excitement at the prospect.

As they were walking, they recalled that Izuku had gone to support not 15 minutes prior, and a few of the group could meet up with him. Uraraka had agreed to go, as had Bakugo and Kirishima. Iida politely declined, a strange aura coming over him as he considered the possibility of Hatsume being there.

"You're still on about what she pulled at the Sports Festival?" Bakugo had asked him, but had dropped the subject after. The group continued on without him. They reached the Support Department, and opened the doors to a site that stabbed Mina in the heart.

Izuku was laying on the ground, shirt off, with Mei Hatsume sprawled on top of him. Her hands moving over his muscular frame. Both Izuku and Hatsume looked up, and Izuku's eyes widened. What Mina wasn't seeing was that Izuku had been trying to push Hatsume off of him, but was having difficulty due to not wanting to hurt the girl.

But the damage was done. Tears stung Mina's eyes.

"How could you?" she said, almost inaudibly, before sprinting out of the room, heading back to the Dorms. Izuku made to get up, but Uraraka stopped in.

"Wait a little while, Deku," she said, understanding. "Let me talk to her first, so she's more receptive to you." Izuku nodded, as he had finally got Hatsume off of him. This was going to be rough.

A/N: Alright. We got the League of Villains back in to play. Also, I referenced events that happen in the Manga (that take place like 5 minutes after Season 3 ends, lol). Basically, *spoiler alert* Overhaul kills Magne and blows off one of Mr. Compress's arms. So, yea.

I wanted to add that tidbit at the end of the chapter, to show actual issues in a relationship, including misunderstandings. Don't worry guys. I just know that not everything can be cupcakes and rainbows all the time (most, but not all).

Fair warning: I'll probably only be able to get one or two more chapters out before I have to put the story on hold for the Watty's. During that time, I'll be focusing a lot more on "We Can be Heroes", so you guys still have something from me to enjoy.