Ch. 22: Crossing a Line

A/N: Slight language/innuendo/implications in the coming chapter, as well as some slight OOC behavior, but this culminates something I've been subtly gearing towards.

It had been a little over a week since Mirio had discussed Sir Nighteye's case with Izuku, Mina, and Momo. Since then, they had spent most of their time during Work Study with the Pussycats training in preparation. They had also been informed of the other Agencies and which classmates would be joining them. Right now, Todoroki, Kirishima, Bakugo, Asui, and Uraraka were confirmed to be joining, as the Agencies they were Interning with had given their dedication to the cause. There was the possibility of others, but they weren't confirmed.

The tension had been high in regards to waiting on updates. There was a certain level of anxiousness of being called at a moment's notice. It had started eating at Izuku some, and his girlfriend had taken notice. She was quick to comfort him, and he was appreciative. Though nothing had happened beyond a make out session after what Mirio had told them, Izuku and Mina's relationship had progressed. It was more than just them dating.

Izuku adored Mina. He enjoyed her energy, and let it take over him from time to time. He knew, at this rate, he would fall in love with her. It was a word that both excited and terrified Izuku at the same time. He knew he wasn't there yet, them having been together just over month at this point, but it would take something extreme to change the path that he felt they were heading.

But, he let those thoughts take a backseat for the time being. He knew he felt deeply for her, and she felt the same, and that was good enough for now. Right now, he was just enjoying talking to her before class got started. They had kept each other relatively calm during the anticipation, and right now, they allowed themselves to be normal High School students as they talked about plans outside of school and Work Study.

"Dude, I think you're taking it a little too far," the voice of Kaminari caught everyone's attention. He was talking to Mineta, and, by the look on his face, he was actually disgusted at whatever the grape-headed pervert was saying. Said pervert had a look on his face that screamed lewdness, while at the same time something seemingly more sinister than that.

"C'mon, Kaminari, you can't say you haven't thought the same way," he was now saying. "What? Does Jiro have your balls in a vice grip now?" This actually caused a flash in anger in Kaminari. "But don't worry about me saying anything about her. She doesn't have the 'figure', if you get my drift." His words were now causing a practical class-wide anger to well up. There had been a shift in the short boy, and it had not been good.

"All's I'm saying is that with all the romance crap going around, nabbing one of the girls should be easier," he continued. "I mean, think about it. Iida's way too uptight, so Uraraka could slip out of his fingers." This caused a "hey!" from both Iida and Uraraka, but Mineta ignored it as he went on. "Both Tsu and Hagakure haven't progressed with Tokoyami and Shoji, so they're more or less still free. Honestly, I think the only lost cause is Yao-Momo.

"And while I will admit that Yao-Momo has by far the best bod in class," this sentence caused a little fire to emit from Todoroki, though he grit his teeth, "I know who'd I have my sights on. I mean, she's gotta be the easiest, and that's Ashido. After all, you can't rape the willing." With those words, something snapped inside of Izuku. His mouth had already been full of bile at the words Mineta was already spewing about his female classmates. But what he said about Mina....

He looked over to his girlfriend, and tears were welling in her eyes. She looked devastated that someone thought that way about her. She was hurt. Izuku could see that it was something that might not exactly be new, but it was definitely something that she hadn't had to have dealt with in a while. He turned towards Mineta.