Ch. 32: A Decision About Eri

Not long after Mina awoke, she was cleared to leave the hospital. Her parents had, of course, been called when she woke up. Both she and Izuku had been given permission from UA to rest at home for a day before returning to the dorms. In fact, as Izuku had found out, all of the students involved had been allowed to return home to their parents for a few days.

However, before heading home, they decided to check on some people still at the hospital. The first being Mirio. Mina had been updated on everything Izuku had. She, too, had been upset over the loss of Sir Nighteye, but relieved that the girl was safe. And they would see her after they saw Mirio.

Mirio was awake when Izuku and Mina were let into the room. He had definitely taken a beating, but he was smiling when he saw the two first years enter. He quickly had to calm Izuku down, and stop him from apologizing so much about his state, as he didn't blame him. Again, he got the talk about the risks Heroes face.

They didn't spend too long in Mirio's room, as they were quickly informed of checks that Mirio had to undergo before he was allowed to be released. They bid their farewells and headed to Eri's room. To no surprise, it was guarded by Pro Heroes. Given everything, Izuku and Mina understood. They were initially stopped from entering the room until a familiar voice chimed up.

"It's okay," Aizawa said. "These two are my students and participated in the raid." He then pointed to Izuku. "He was the one that rescued the girl, and she's been asking for him." The two Pros, lesser known to Mina, but Izuku knew who they were (his fanboying kept in check by the weight of the situation), took a second glance before allowing the two to pass.

"Deku!" Eri, upon seeing Izuku, excitedly called, before running to him. He looked confused that she knew his Hero name, as he hadn't recalled telling her at any point. Aizawa was quick to answer the unasked question.

"She asked what your name was," he said. "When she had trouble pronouncing it, we told her your Hero name." There was something different about Aizawa that neither Izuku nor Mina could quite place, but was sure the young girl had something to do with. At the moment, they didn't have time to question it as Eri looked over to Mina. Her eyes widened.

"I remember you," she said. "You're that nice, pretty lady I saw with Deku that day." Her countenance fell a little. "I'm sorry I put you guys in so much trouble." It was Izuku who turned around and started to comfort the girl.

"You don't have to be sorry," he said. "You were in a bad situation with a bad man. We're glad to have helped you out." Eri began to cry, and grasped on to Izuku. Izuku froze for a moment before returning the girl's embrace. After a moment, the girl pulled away from Izuku and launched herself towards Mina.

"Thank you both so much."

After a few minutes of talking with Eri, getting her into a better mood, Izuku and Mina stepped out of the room with Aizawa. Izuku looked to their teacher.

"What's going to happen to her?" he asked. Aizawa was expecting this question from one or both of the two. He looked over to see Mina had the same questioning look.

"That had been discussed over the last few days," he began. "She has been incessant on being near you, Midoriya. That is understandable, as she trusts you. Obviously, as you're still a teenager, you are not expected to be her caretaker, regardless of how much either you or her would want you in that role.

"It was decided, though, that she would move on to the UA Campus, and be assigned one of the vacant rooms in 1-A's Dorms. However, I would be her primary caretaker. She would receive schooling through the teachers at UA, and we would help her to learn to control her Quirk. Any questions?"

That was well thought out, both Izuku and Mina thought. They were both glad that Eri would be cared for, though it being Aizawa came as a bit of a surprise to both of them. Of course, the Erasure Hero had shown time and again to be full of surprises.

"Now, why don't you two head home and get some rest," Aizawa said. "After all, I expect the both of you back in class first thing in the morning. Heroes don't rest too long, after all." The two couldn't help but smile as they left the building hand in hand.

"Things are definitely going to be interesting with Eri around, huh, Izu?" Mina said. Izuku nodded as they looked up to see Mina's parents and Izuku's mom waiting for them outside of the entrance. They were wrapped up in warm embraces and it took everything for Izuku and Mina to pry themselves from the hugs.

When they finally broke free from their parents, they took a moment to embrace one another. Izuku caressed Mina's face as they kissed goodbye.

"I'll see you in the morning, Mina," Izuku spoke first. "I love you." Mina snuggled her head into his chest one last time.

"I love you, Izu," she said, quietly. "I wish you could come home with me. Keep me company tonight." Izuku thought about this for a moment.

"So, why don't I?" he asked. Mina looked up at him.

"You'd do that?"

"Of course," he said, though became very nervous. "I just don't know how our parents would react."

As it turned out, though a little unsure, everyone had been overall okay with the idea. The Ashidos invited Inko to stay with them the night as well, and of course there were threats if Izuku and Mina tried anything. After many assurances, and a quick stop at the Midoriya residence for clothes for the night, they made their way to the Ashido's house.

Izuku and Mina would sleep much better that night than they had over the last few days.