Ch. 14: It's Contagious

A/N: Alright, all you happy and patient people. Going to be doing a little rewind in time to just after Mina and Izuku left for their date. As you are aware, I had a little contest 2 chapters back, and now we get the results, as well as look at how the recent development affected others. Without further ado, our winner is:

"Uraraka, do you have a moment?" the voice of Tenya Iida caught the attention of the Zero Gravity user. She turned towards her friend and gave him a big smile.

"Of course, Iida," she said. "What's up?" Though the smile stayed on her face, she couldn't help a thought that came to her head. There sure have been quite a few 'I need to talk' and 'do you have a moments' going on. It amused her in a way, but she pushed the thought from her mind as she gave the Class Rep her attention.

"I know this may seem sudden," he was saying, "but seeing Midoriya and Ashido establish a relationship got me to thinking about my own personal life. I know that Hero training and my duties as Class Representative are important, but it would be remiss of me not to attempt to...relax more. And I would not forgive myself if I kept this to myself."

"Keep what to yourself?" Uraraka asked, rather curious as to where Iida was going with his words.

"I must confess I have always had an....attraction to you," he admitted, and it caused the girl's eyes to widen slightly, while also deepening the color on her already pink cheeks. "I felt it gracious to step to the side, seeing how close you and Midoriya appeared to be. Please do not take this the wrong way in thinking I'm doing this as some sort of 'rebound' opportunity. I wouldn't think to sully a wonderful person such as yourself with such thoughts. I know I may not be what you're looking for. All I ask for is a chance." Uraraka seemed to contemplate his words for a moment.

"I've...never really thought of you that way, Iida," she began. He lowered his head in shame, yet looked back up just after, nodding.

"I understand," he said. "In that case, I shall take my lea..."

"You didn't let me finish, Iida," she interrupted him. "It's true I never thought of you that way. But, you are a good friend, and a good person. I don't know if we would work out, but we can maybe go on a date or two, and go from there?"

"My thoughts, precisely," Iida replied, and smiled. Unknown to the two of them, a few other similar conversations were going on around the common area, and the parties in these conversations were unaware of the other conversations going on.

"Hey, Jiro. Got a sec?" Kaminari approached the Earphone Jack user, scratching the back of his head.

"What's up, Jamming-whey?" she replied, a slightly annoyed, and yet amused look on her face, seeing the Electrification user unusually nervous. But that nervousness was soon replaced with exasperation and what appeared to be dejection as his shoulder's slumped.

"Never mind," he mumbled before turning away and making his way up the stairs, leaving Jiro with a confused look on her face, as well as something else. Something akin to guilt. She wanted to follow before a hand touched her shoulder.

"We'll talk to him," the voice of Kirishima said, with Bakugo standing beside him. "I think we have a pretty good idea what's going on." Without saying anything else, they followed Kaminari up.

Meanwhile, Todoroki was speaking with Yaoyorozu while Asui and Tokoyami were speaking, and the two pairs seemed to be a little closer to one another, and some of their conversation, while mostly in regards to Izuku and Mina, seemed to hint to something more between the people in discussion. 

Kirishima and Bakugo had made their way up to Kaminari's room. Kirishima knocked before Bakugo spoke up.

"Hey, Pikachu, can we come in?" Kirishima was kind of surprised at how calm the explosive blonde sounded, and Bakugo caught the look. "What? I told Deku I'd try to be better." Kirishima shrugged as Kaminari told them to come in.

"Why do you still call him Deku?" Kirishima asked, as they walked in. Bakugo actually chuckled.

"Believe it or not, I tried calling him Izuku while we were cooking yesterday. You know what he told me?" Kirishima shook his head, and even Kaminari had sat up from his bed since this had piqued his interest. "He said that not calling him Deku sounded weird now. And he's now owning the name and making something great of it, so, why not, right?" They then looked over to Kaminari.

"What's going on, Denki?" Kirishima asked, trying to get him to spill. Kaminari sighed before flopping down on his bed.

"It's stupid," he said, sounding defeated. Kirishima and Bakugo both lifted an eyebrow, and refused to move past until they got an answer. "Fine. I really like Jiro."

"We knew that, Sparky," Bakugo said. He was trying.

"But seeing Midoriya and Mina together, it just, ugh," he said, exasperated. "It kind of gave me the kick in the pants to tell her how I felt. But then, that annoyed response I got from her. It kind of told me not to bother. That she would never feel the same way." Bakugo gave a grunt.

"Am I the only one who feels that Deku and Racoon Eyes have something contagious?" The three boys laughed after a moment. The moment was interrupted by Kaminari's door opening. The boys looked over to see Jiro standing there.

"Kirishima. Bakugo. Leave." There was a fire in her eyes, way different than her normal apathetic look, and it told them they should listen. They waved quickly to him as they walked out, the door shutting behind them. They decided to wait just a minute in case they were needed.

Inside the room, Kaminari had stood up from his bed to look at Jiro. He sighed.

"Look, Jiro. I'm sorry," he began. "I get it that you don't...." his words were cut off by one of her ear jacks being placed over his mouth. She then closed the distance between them, replacing the ear jack that was over his mouth with her own lips.

Outside, the two shrugged before making their way back downstairs. As Kirishima fell behind Bakugo, he gave the explosive blonde a longing look. I have to agree with Bakugo. It is contagious.