Ch. 15: A New School Subject

Before the class knew it, it was Monday again. Which meant going back to class. Unusually enough, everyone seemed to be in a pretty good mood, even though a certain curly haired couple would have liked to just spend the day together. Well, Mina more so than Izuku, but Izuku would be lying if he didn't have at least some desire to do so.

The two walked hand in hand to class, as the rest of 1-A was interspersed around them. Of course, Mina and Izuku weren't the only 'official' couple anymore, as Jiro and Kaminari had made no point in hiding their newfound relationship, evident by the fact they were also holding hands. Of course, there were others who seemed to be closer, but weren't, as some of the class was calling it, 'official', such as Uraraka and Iida, Asui and Tokoyami, and Todoroki and Yaoyorozu.

Everyone got to class fairly early. Checking the clock, it seemed they had about 10 minutes before classes started, so everyone was hanging around and chatting. Mina was with the other girls excitedly telling them about her and Izuku's date, and how romantic he had been. She made no point to be quiet about it, though, which caused a lot of the guys to look at Izuku with envy.

"Dude, that's gonna be hard to top with Jiro," Kaminari was saying. Most of the other boys were nodding as he said so. Mineta had attempted multiple times to butt into the conversations, though glares from the others (and threats of bodily harm from Bakugo) had kept him at bay for the most part. Soon enough, though, the door to the class opened, and everyone quickly found their way to their seats as Mr. Aizawa came in the room.

He glanced around the classroom, seeing that everyone was quiet and ready to go for class. He gave a small smile, though it faded fast as his eyes landed on Mineta, who was still looking devastated. Of course, Aizawa knew exactly what had transpired over the weekend. He sighed as he spoke.

"This should come as no surprise to any of you, but I and the other teachers are well aware of the recent...developments from your class." He took the chance to look pointedly at Izuku and Mina, and then to Jiro and Kaminari. "Whereas there's nothing wrong with relationships between students, nor are there any policies against it, we figured it would be wise to introduce a new subject a little early." He turned to the board and wrote something on it:

"Hero Relations"

"In this class, we'll be covering not only the relationships that you'll have with just significant others, but with the general populace and other heroes as they pertain to how these relationships can both positively and negatively affect your ability to be a Hero. Honestly, this isn't really my thing, so, someone else will be teaching this. I'm sure you could probably guess who...."

"That's right, boys and girls," the voice of Midnight spoke from the doorway. She walked into class as Aizawa wrapped himself up in his yellow sleeping bag and moved to the corner of the room. Mineta's face went from slightly downtrodden to excited. "I'll be taking it from here. Like Eraser Head said, this class with cover relationships between you and, well, everyone else, and how they affect you. Other portions of this class will also cover sex ed, because that's important."

At those words, Mineta was practically drooling at the prospect of sex ed being taught by Midnight, and the whole class seemed to feel the dark thoughts he was having in what that entailed. However, Midnight was quick to bring the boy's perverted thoughts crashing down.

"Some of you may think the sex ed part is going to be exciting and filled with....pleasurable instances. I assure you though, it will focus primarily on the academics and knowledge necessary. It also won't be that prevalent a part of the course. Now, does anyone have any questions regarding the course?" Shockingly enough, no one said anything, as Mineta's hopes and any lecherous questions had been dashed away.

With that, Midnight began teaching.

*****

The day seemed to drag on for the first half, and, before the students thought for sure they would die of boredom, lunch time rolled around. With everything that had happened over the last few days, how the class sat was completely different from how they had sat on Friday. For one thing, the table Izuku sat at became more crowded, to say the least.

Aside from Mina joining him, both Tokoyami and Yaoyorozu joined the table. Uraraka was now sitting beside Iida, while Tokoyami and Yaoyorozu sat beside Asui and Todoroki, respectively. Iida, Uraraka, Izuku, and Mina were on one side, and the rest were on the other. The adjacent table had most of the rest of the class, and Bakugo was closest to Izuku's side of the table, exchanging conversation with the greenette when not speaking to Kirishima.

Overall, it was a rather enjoyable lunch, and conversation flowed. What surprised Mina was the fact that when she laid her head on Izuku's shoulder, Iida didn't take the opportunity to come down on them about public displays of affection. This made her a little curious, until she saw how close he and Uraraka were sitting to each other. Interesting.

"So, besides Kaminari and Jiro finally getting together, what did everyone do while Izu and I were on our date?" Mina asked. Uraraka was the one to speak up, with a little more blush than usual in her face. This was after she looked at Iida, who nodded reassuringly.

"Well, Iida asked me out, so....we're kinda seeing how that goes," she said. This information caused Mina to show a look of pleasant surprise. Izuku smiled and congratulated his friends.

"It seems that your relationship with each other has caused quite a positive stir in the class, ribbit," the straightforward Asui stated. Doing so, she gave a small glance to Tokoyami, who had also taken the chance to look over to Asui, and Mina could have sworn she saw him blush. She smiled widely, happy to hear about everyone feeling the pull of romance, as the class continued to eat their lunch.

******

Elsewhere in the city, a mysterious figure lurked from the shadows. He wore a plague mask, but, what you could see of his face made him look tired or slightly sickly. While he walked to his destination, his hand held on to the arm of a little white haired girl with a single horn, leading her around.

She was silent, and looked very timid. She also looked like she had been crying recently. The man took a chance to look back towards her.

"Pick up the pace, Eri," he said. "We don't want to be late."

A/N: How you like that twist at the end. I wasn't sure about including Overhaul or Eri, but, honestly, I figured it was too good of an opportunity to leave them out. They may not be as prevalent in the next few chapters, but they will be playing a rather large role later on down the line.