Ch. 51: Moving Forward

It had been a week since the Attack on UA. Much like after the events of the USJ, school was closed while they sorted everything out, and the students, those who didn't need further medical attention, were allowed to be with their families until school reopened. With the League of Villains more or less taken care of (though the search for the at-large Kurogiri and Gigantomachia continued), there was an air of peace.

Most people knew it wouldn't last, as there were always going to be threats in the wings, but right now, they allowed themselves to rest. And to grieve.

A wake was held for those lost, and everyone that could attended. It was difficult, given everything. Even Touya was given a private ceremony, and a few people were invited by the Todoroki family.

There was also still turbulence over the knowledge that occurred, and society had definitely wanted answers. Endeavor admitted to everything live, but requested a small grieving period before he would work on fixing things, even mentioning the possibility of resigning his post as a Hero.

That in and of itself caused it's own scene, but right now, society seemed content to wait at least a few days given the gravitas of everything that just happened.

*****

Izuku and Mina had been among the first to return to the Heights Alliance dorms once everything was all fixed and students were granted permission to return. It was bittersweet, being able to go back to school, but the events that had just transpired a little over a week prior still fresh on their minds.

Of those able to return right away, Shoto was among the last. This was understandable, and everyone gave the boy their condolences. He accepted the care and affection his classmates had for him, and the healing was started.

Due to the overall minor injuries sustained by Class 1-A, everyone had eventually made it back. The most serious injury (aside from Hagakure, who had been healed by Recovery Girl before the latter's untimely demise) had been Jiro. During Present Mic's overzealous attack, one of her earphone jacks had been significantly damaged. Luckily, the doctors had been able to restore it, but she would need sound and physical therapy to ensure there would be no lasting damage.

Once everyone was back, and classes were allowed to partially resume (to mostly half days), the class was in homeroom. Knowing that Aizawa had become Acting Principal until such time as the board either made him permanent or hired someone else to position, the class waited to see who would come in to get class underway.

Which surprised them that it was still Aizawa that entered the classroom. They quieted down as they had each found their seats, though it definitely took longer than normal. To this, Aizawa unusually said nothing. Instead, he reached the podium before addressing the class.

"This will be my last time teaching the class," he announced. "After today, I have been officially assigned as the Principal of UA. Though it's not something I had ever truly planned on taking on, times change, and we must learn to change with it. Aside from that, I do have a few announcements to make regarding the rest of the school year.

"As you know, you were initially set to be taking your Year End exams around this time. Given the circumstances, you are all considered to have passed the Practical portion of the Exam, and the written exams will be condensed. It may sound harsh, but this is not a time to relax. You are still students, and your education is vastly important to your ability to be Heroes.

"That being said...I am extremely proud of each and every one of you for not only your determination during the events that transpired a few weeks ago, but in how you all accomplished it. You worked together. Protected each other to the best of your abilities. Went far beyond what could have been expected of you. You stepped up and you shouldn't have had to, and have shown me you all deserve the title of Heroes."

He paused as he scanned the room. He saw chests swell in pride, very few dry eyes as his words had definitely brought up strong emotion in his class. Though he hid it well, he was far more proud of this class of students than his words alone conveyed. After a moment, he spoke again.

"Are there any questions or comments before you are dismissed for studying?" He took a look around the classroom, until a hand raised. It was Kaminari.

"I'm not sure what information you'll be able to provide but....what will happen with Mineta? I know he did a lot of bad things, but he really risked his neck out there for us." The reactions were a little mixed around the room, though no one could deny that the pervert had put himself in danger for the sake of his former school. Aizawa sighed.

"We have forwarded a recommendation to another Hero school, though, if he is accepted, it will not initially be in their Hero Course. He is still going to serve punishment for his sexual harassment, but he has shown potential. If they see that he has truly learned his lesson and changed his ways, he may be able to continue down the Hero path. As such, his Provisional License was revoked, and, if he is allowed back into a Hero course, he'll have to retake the exam."

Kaminari nodded, understanding. He still wasn't okay with the events that had transpired that caused the other boy to be expelled, but he could feel the other boy was trying. Whether or not they would go back to being friends was doubtful. Kaminari felt the familiar sensation of an earphone jack sliding down his arm. He gave it a gentle tap, looking lovingly at Jiro.

"Anything else?" Aizawa asked. Once it was clear there were no further questions, he dismissed them. As he made his way out, a voice called to him. It was Izuku.

"Mr. Aizawa," the boy said, the fire and determination ever present in his eyes. Without saying another word, the greenette prostrated himself before Aizawa, causing the teacher's eyes to widen. Even further was when the rest of the class followed suit. Izuku looked up from his bowed form.

"Thank you for everything, sir."

"No," Aizawa said, as he, too prostrated himself in front of the class. "Thank you to all of you." There were tears as everyone stood, and Aizawa allowed himself to be hugged. To this day, he would swear to everyone that the event never happened.

A/N: Alright, a little catch up chapter. As much as it pains me to say, Unlikely As It May Seem is coming to an end. I will have an Epilogue Chapter after this one, and I may or may not use it as a jump off point for a sequel that will follow the lives of the children of Class 1-A. If you guys are interested, let me know, as well as some ideas for any relationship changes that may have occurred in the interim, as well as children's Quirks, etc.