Chapter 19 - My Nocturnal Serenade

Y/N = Your Name

* 3rd Person's P.O.V

It was nighttime, Kanato was in his room. He was having a tea party with Teddy. Kanato pours some tea in Teddy's cup." Teddy, do you think Y/N-Chan has a nice voice?" he asked. Kanato stares at the bear, " I know. I taught her since she was five" he said." She's not a child anymore" Kanato sighs and looks away. " We raised her with blood, sweat, and tears" he added." Now, look at her. She's a beautiful, smart woman" Kanato turns to Teddy. He gets up from his seat and walks to the window. Kanato looks out the window. " Teddy, do you think Y/N-Chan would be a perfect doll?" He asked. He waited for a response, " That's what I was thinking" Kanato evilly smirked.  

*Play Song

Kanato was walking down the hallway, he was carrying Teddy. Kanato saw how dark the hallways were. He snapped his fingers and the candles were lit by themselves.

He sang while walking down the halls: " Everything I know is the melodies and symphonies."

Kanato places Teddy on the table, he looks at the paintings: " Everything I know is the life without light."

He imagines seeing you sleeping in a purple nightgown: " (I will always)."

You were resting peacefully while Kanato sang: " There's a longing inside my soul."

Kanato looks at Teddy: " And in the deepest void."

He picks him up: " Where time is but a scenery."

Kanato starts twirling while holding Teddy: " I'll be waiting for you."

He imagines himself in a ballroom waltzing with you: " Darling, look into my eyes."

Kanato sang: " And tell me what's inside."

He twirls you around: " Truth be told, my dear."

Kanato smiled: " You don't know what it's like."

The spotlight moves to you both: " To leave it all behind."

The room had a table with sweets: " Take a step into the night."

Kanato twirls you: " Hear the voices singing, ' la-la-la-la-la'."

Your hair flew into the wind as you two danced: " Dancing gracefully to the beat of your heart."

He sang: " Until the morning comes."

Kanato pulls you close: " To steal you away."

Kanato imagines you sitting on the couch. There were sweets surrounding you.

Kanato was right behind you: " All I ever knew was that you and I were meant to be."

He grabbed your chin and made you face him. You had an emotionless look, Kanato smirked: " All I ever knew was the taste of your lips against mine."

Kanato slowly moved his lips towards yours: " (You are mine)."

Teddy was sitting on top of a cake: " We were there for eternity."

Back to reality, Kanato was walking up the stairs: " Now I am lost inside this everlasting reverie."

He sang: " And I'm losing my mind."

Kanato imagines he was back on the ballroom waltzing with you: " Darling, look into my eyes."

The cakes had blood dripping: " And tell me what's inside."

Kanato twirls you: " Truth be told, my dear."

He sang: " You don't know what it's like."

You and Kanato moved across the floor: " To leave it all behind."

Kanato sang: " Take a step into the night."

He twirls you around: " Hear the voices singing, 'la-la-la-la-la'. "

Kanato picks you up and throws you into the air: " Come away with me through the echoes of time."

You fell into his arms and he holds you close: " Until the morning comes."

Kanato said in your ear: " To steal you away."

He imagines seeing himself cuddling with you: " Darling, look into my eyes."

Kanato smirked: " And tell me what's inside."

He moved his face towards your neck: " Truth be told, my dear."

His fangs appeared: " You don't know what it's like."

Kanato was back on the ballroom with you again: " Take a step into the night."

He twirls you: " Hear the voices singing, 'la-la-la-la-la' ."

Teddy was sitting at a table with Cakes: " Come away with me through the echoes of time."

Kanato pulls you close: " Until the morning comes."

He bites on your neck, blood was dripping: " To steal you away."

Kanato imagines you sitting on the couch, he was right behind you playing with your hair: " You looked into my eyes."

The sweets behind Kanato were covered in blood: " And brought me back to life."

He imagines himself cuddling you while you slept: " I still think of you."

Kanato looks at your neck to see his bite mark: " And the dark of the night."

Teddy was on the ground with blood on his face: " A silent lullaby."

Back to reality, Kanato was on the balcony waltzing with Teddy: " I'll be waiting here."

He jumps on the balcony's panel: " Til the end of all days."

Kanato holds Teddy and looks up at the full moon: " My nocturnal serenade."

* End of Song

" Nothing like a good song to keep you sane. Right, Teddy?" He sighed. " A perfect doll, In a cruel world" Kanato sat on the panel." I'll be looking forward to that" He chuckled lightly. Kanato just stared into the night sky. ' Y/N-Chan will make a great doll' He pulls Teddy close and thought.

* Flash Back

(11 years ago)

You were sleeping in your room. You heard a loud lightning strike. You got up and screamed. You were hugging your pillow. You got up from your bed and walked out of your room. You were walking down the hallways. You went up to Kanato's door and knocked. " Who is it?" You heard Kanato saying." It's Y/N!" You said. The door opens by itself, you walked inside and saw Kanato in his purple pajamas. " Teddy and I are trying to sleep" he yawned." Kanato, I can sleep in your bed" You said. Kanato blushes, " Huh? No way!. I'm not letting you sleep in my room," he said. You heard a lighting strike and screamed. You were crying, Kanato felt bad for you. He didn't want you to cry. " Fine. You can sleep on my bed" Kanato sighed." Really?" You looked at him. " Yes! But, don't touch Teddy" Kanato holds Teddy close. You ran over to Kanato and climbed on his bed. You laid next to him, you quickly fell asleep. Kanato looks at your sleeping form. You were breathing softly, He felt his face heating up. " Teddy, do you think Y/N is pretty?" Kanato looks at Teddy. He turns his head to you. Kanato smiles and kisses your forehead. ' Good Night Y/N' He thought. Kanato slowly closed his eyes and fell asleep.

* End of FlashBack