Chapter 17: Airport Pickup

Start from the beginning

That's right, Yn didn't even know. But Throne knew, he knew what Yn did not, he understood battle, he understood war. He knew a secret that came with it all, even if Yn didn't know it, once he had started this battle, his fight would never end.

He fought with all his heart against something he didn't understand, against things he threw away for both his own protection and his fear.

He fought. And Fought. And fought. But...

Tragic isn't it. They were taken from him, but he still...

"Did you say something, Castle?"

No. Nothing of importance.

Inside, ever since he was young, since the second he was born, Yn never had any choice in his fate. He would always be fighting battles he did not understand, battles that, alone, he could not win, yet he refused to ask for help. These were his problems, that's what he believed.

Kaede, Kuro, Tabane, Kirin, and countless others tried to aid him, but as he let them into his heart, he locked them out of his struggles. Many times they tried to force him to let them help, but they underestimated how kind he could be, how much he was willing to push himself to get strong enough so they wouldn't have to worry, or he wouldn't let them.

For Yn, he fought this internal war within himself, against his own fate, and against his own emotions endlessly. He carried every burden he had without letting a single person help him.

His struggles were far from over, and he was always ready for the ones that would continue to weigh him down, whether it be real or one that would simply tear him apart.

He was a soldier after all.

Eventually, when he finally arrived at the monorail, Kaede was there, waiting for him.

"Just on time, come on, the monorail's about to leave," she told him, grabbing his arm and clinging to it, much like Tabane did.

It was just the two of them for the moment, and she knew these moments alone would be rare, so she wanted to enjoy them. Dragging him into the monorail, they were the only ones on it as it started to move.

Leaning her head on his shoulder as they sat down, she intertwined her fingers with his since he put up no resistance.

"Hey, Yn, are you still worried?" she asked as she glanced up at him.

"Yes, I am preparing for any kind of situation, there are very few scenarios that I am unable to save what I must this time," he assured her, "This time, it will be different," he told her calmly.

Biting her bottom lip, she sat back up and pulled his head down into her lap. "Yn, maybe it won't happen this time. It's not like the world has cursed you...it was just a coincidence."

"The probability of another event happening within the year has already increased by my mere presence in the Academy. With the world knowing of my existence, skills, I.S, and talent, the chances rise even further. This is excluding what has happened every three years, therefore I have good reason to believe that something will come into my life to try and take something or hurt me within my first year here at the I.S Academy."

"You can't just obsess over this!" she yelled. Her hair covered her eyes as she continued in a quiet voice, "...I don't want to see you fall any further...I can't stand to see you suffer anymore..."

Her other hand pressed against his chest and slid down to his abdomen. "If I wasn't so weak...if I could have saved you as well...you could've...!"

"That is not your fault," trying to calm her down with honest words, he didn't know how else to respond rather than being honest with his own thoughts, "I am not the same person I was when we first saw each other."